Aaron Miles

Jim Fainter

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah another smart move by the dumbass kw........let the good ones go and keep the s*** sticking around to waste space here.........geez us... it never ends................

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

yeah another smart move by the dumbass kw........let the good ones go and keep the s*** sticking around to waste space here.........geez us... it never ends................

How in the hell do you blame Kenny for a six year minor leaguer filing for FA?

The Sox have no power to prevent it from happening.

Guest hotsoxchick1

he could have been up here and doing quite well i may add if he was given the chance over others..............but as usual there was no room at the inn for him.....such a waste too.....he is a very good player........i hope that some team does pick him up and play him this year so kw can see the mistake he made by not putting miles on the 40 man over hummel..........hummel is just not ready yet........

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah i said hummel has regressed... and quite a bit since the first time i saw him.....i never said anything but good about miles though... i had very high hopes for him being here this season........but hummel did make the 40 man and miles didnt.... i think kw needs to take a very good look at that scouting chart again that was posted here.... hummel during regular seaosn play just didnt make the grade as well as miles did.....what happens in winter ball really doesnt mean much as its used more by players to brush up on skills...........

yeah i said hummel has regressed... and quite a bit since the first time i saw him.....i never said anything but good about miles though... i had very high hopes for him being here this season........but hummel did make the 40 man and miles didnt.... i think kw needs to take a very good look at that scouting chart again that was posted here.... hummel during regular seaosn play just didnt make the grade as well as miles did.....what happens in winter ball really doesnt mean much as its used more by players to brush up on skills...........

Michelle, I understand u dislike KW alot...... but ur just being unfair on this one.

I'll be the first to call KW out when he f***s up, but this isn't one of those times.

i blame him for not using him when he should have...........that a good enough reason????????

To me, he won't ever amount to anything, but you'll never know for sure unless he plays in the bigs I guess.

Still, he was way old for a prospect and has never hit above AA.

Plus, I'd of went nuts if they called Miles up instead of Harris and Jimenez.

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

Let's see. Miles is coming up to 27. Hummel is 24 or so.

There's your answer why Hummel made the 40 man.

Plus the fact that at the beginning of last year Hummell was thought of as one of the top second base prospects in baseball. He was a hitting machine, and late in the AFL he showed signs of that again.

The good thing about him is he has a very good high for a younger player. I think he'll have a good year in AAA and will fight hard to get a permanent roster slot sometime this season.

Prior to the date when Miles declared his free agency, there was room on the 40 man roster for him, and there still is. Plus, there are a couple of slugs on the roster who have no chance of ever making it in the bigs. What else was Miles supposed to do, hit .450? Now, I have never seen him play, don't know anything about his defense, speed, or attitude. But I think his offensive numbers warranted a shot in 2003. There is nothing wrong with being 27 if you can hit.

Previous to last year, Miles had a career minor league BA of .277 and a career minor league OBA of .328. Not to mention 100 errors. Sure, he may be an extremely late bloomer, but players who are average for 5 years or so and then have a big year generally don't ride that high for the rest of their career.

Why don't you worry about something important to the team, like the fact that Sandy Alomar is back for some reason. There's a stupid, f***ing move.

Originally posted by doubleM23

Why don't you worry about something important to the team, like the fact that Sandy Alomar is back for some reason.  There's a stupid, f***ing move.

that is a smart move he only cost 700,000 and he is a good teacher. plus our pitchers really like him and that is one of the most important things is a relationship between pitcher and catcher

When Miles declared his free agency, there was room on the 40 man roster for him. In fact, there still is. And there are a few slugs on it who have little chance of being productive major leaguers. What's the guy supposed to do -- hit .450 with 50 homers. I know nothing about his defense, speed, attitude, etc. but he was a 27-28 year old who could hit.

Originally posted by Jim Fainter

When Miles declared his free agency, there was room on the 40 man roster for him.  In fact, there still is.  And there are a few slugs on it who have little chance of being productive major leaguers.  What's the guy supposed to do -- hit .450 with 50 homers.  I know nothing about his defense, speed, attitude, etc. but he was a 27-28 year old who could hit.

OK I have to ask,since you are pushing this hard for a twenty seven year old prospect that has never been above AA,plays less than average defense in a position that needs better than average defense,and has little speed or baserunning skills,are you his brother,or perhaps his cousin?

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by Cy Young Porzio
Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

Let's see. Miles is coming up to 27. Hummel is 24 or so.

There's your answer why Hummel made the 40 man.

Plus the fact that at the beginning of last year Hummell was thought of as one of the top second base prospects in baseball. He was a hitting machine, and late in the AFL he showed signs of that again.

The good thing about him is he has a very good high for a younger player. I think he'll have a good year in AAA and will fight hard to get a permanent roster slot sometime this season.

hummel was a hitting machine last year??? which hummel were you watching.... he hit no where close to what miles did..........he may have been thought of as a good prospect once... but he tarnished that with crappy play all season long....you may be a star in winter ball but it doesnt count for much if you cant do s*** in the regular season now does it.........i would take miles over hummel any day of the week............and the main reason miles has been in minor ball for so long is because each team hes played for has never had any room for him on their major team.......

Originally posted by soxfan420

honestly who the f*** cares about a 27 year old prospect. he will not do anything at the mlb level and if he does i will fly all the way the chicago and go to a game butt ass naked which all the girls would like im sure :)

and some of the fellas *wink* ;)

Originally posted by soxfan420

honestly who the f*** cares about a 27 year old prospect. he will not do anything at the mlb level and if he does i will fly all the way the chicago and go to a game butt ass naked which all the girls would like im sure :)

The only really older guy I can think of to come out of nowhere was Paul LoDuca of the Dodgers.. I know their are some others, like Ricky Botallico who came out of a beer league or something like that.