Aaron Miles

Jim Fainter

Guest hotsoxchick1
Well, I may of not complained about supposedly losing him (I swear he signed elsewhere) but its good to have him here, because if Hummell isn't ready then I'd rather stick Miles up here and see what he can do, instead of rushing Hummell.

it was a legit complaint jas... we could have lost him had another team needed a 2nd baseman.......hummel isnt ready....mho though.. but he does need a bit of work still......miles would be a great filler till hummel is ready..if in fact that day does ever come..........

Well, I may of not complained about supposedly losing him (I swear he signed elsewhere) but its good to have him here, because if Hummell isn't ready then I'd rather stick Miles up here and see what he can do, instead of rushing Hummell.

it was a legit complaint jas... we could have lost him had another team needed a 2nd baseman.......hummel isnt ready....mho though.. but he does need a bit of work still......miles would be a great filler till hummel is ready..if in fact that day does ever come..........

Here's my question, other then last season what has Miles down to prove him ready for the majors. The guy has never hit anything in AAA, and up until last year he couldn't hit anywhere near .300.

Hummel, although terrible most of last season, had a couple years of sucess, and then one bump in the road as he was adjusting to a new level.

Miles played AA a couple years in a row.

When will we see either of them, in your opinion?

Who knows on Miles? It took the guy 6 years to get to AA, so at that rate, he won't make an appearance until around.. 2009 or so. Realistically, I don't know. Probably depends more on the organization he lands in and their situation at 2B as well as whether or not he repeats his amazing 2002 season. I doubt he will, so we can cut our losses with him (I still fail to see the obsession with a 27-year old AA player who's struggled, more or less, in 5 seasons and has one monster season).

Hummel, depending on whether or not he really refound his swing in winter ball this year, could be here soon... Maybe next year, especially since, IIRC, Valentin's contract is over after this year.

However, I'm no minor league expert. Cerb will probably have better, more informed answers for you.

Hummel, depending on whether or not he really refound his swing in winter ball this year, could be here soon... Maybe next year, especially since, IIRC, Valentin's contract is over after this year.

I'm kind of anxious to see Hummell and a bit less so to see Miles. Hummell sounds like he might be the real thing. Miles, who knows, I have no clue on him, sounds promising but as you say, been in AA ball a long time. Some people develop later than others so maybe he will be a worthy Valentin replacement. (But I am not a real fan of Valentin, I'd like us to have a real shortstop again some day.)

We'll likely see Hummell this year and if in fact Miles is back in the organization, I'll get a look at him during spring training, but thats most likely the only time we see him unless Hummell or Harris gets injured.

mark my words...miles will catch on with someone and become the next david eckstein...very similiar styles of play , body size , and demeanor...

One difference that I can think of is that Eckstein was a pretty sucessful hitter throughout the minors, or at least thats what I've read. I've never actually went back and looked at Eckstein's minor league stats, other then his previous two minor league seasons where he had very sucessful numbers.

We'll likely see Hummell this year and if in fact Miles is back in the organization, I'll get a look at him during spring training, but thats most likely the only time we see him unless Hummell or Harris gets injured.

take pictures then :D

and post daily on spring training!