8/28 White Sox vs Twins GT

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

The Sox definitely need to upgrade defensively at shortstop if they ever intend to be a serious World Series contender.  

I don’t think people realize how incompetent this team is defensively, according to metrics

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t think people realize how incompetent this team is defensively, according to metrics

Certainly.  And you can't expect to build a serious contender with poor defense and fundamentals.   

Hopefully Robert and Madrigal provide plus defense at CF and 2B, but they need to replace Anderson at SS to have a solid defense up the middle. 

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

matt skole… another long line of world class hot garbage the CWS manage to find for a LH DH

I'm not sure you could find some horrible players if your main objective was that they were horrible.

Especially with the juiced ball. Everyone and their mother hits double digits, and the Sox can’t find a DH that can hit above .200 with minimal power.

4 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Great reaction to a guy having a bad game with the glove. Trade everyone and send down the rest 

Hate to tell you bro.. but coming in Tim Anderson had a negative dwar raiting.

Before tonight.. Tim makes some flashy plays sometimes - but overall he is a poor defensive shortstop.

Edited by harkness99
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Great reaction to a guy having a bad game with the glove. Trade everyone and send down the rest 

I think you are being sarcastic, regardless if you are or not the White Sox cannot  have him as there shortstop if he does not improve his defense considerably.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Perfectly played by Garcia. I hate the juiced ball.

I agree with your comment about the juiced ball.  It doesn't mean anything that Minnesota is breaking the record with so many guys with 20 HR's.  The juiced ball makes every hitting record suspect.  Just to much playing around with a game that has withstood the test of time.

Just now, poppysox said:

I agree with your comment about the juiced ball.  It doesn't mean anything that Minnesota is breaking the record with so many guys with 20 HR's.  The juiced ball makes every hitting record suspect.  Just to much playing around with a game that has withstood the test of time.

Then they must hide the juiced balls when our guys come to bat. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, fathom said:

Robert and Madrigal will help greatly in this area.  This thing of not calling for the ball just drives me nuts.  There is just no excuse.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic