Arizona Fall League Participants

Perfect Vision

30 minutes ago, zisk said:

Sox aren't f***ing around this year. If they all kick ass, the Sox have more valuable trade chips or building blocks.

If they stink it up, Hahn will probably be fired.

I'm not sure what it would take for Rick Hahn to be fired, but it sure as hell isn't poor performance in the Arizona Fall League

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Wasn't there talk of Jake Burger possibly being an AFL candidate? Or did I dream that?

I must've had the same dream, because I heard it too.

Of course I also heard that he'd be activated on June 1, so...

IMO, it's 50/50 that he'll be ready by Spring Training.

Don't have scouting but 24yo.  24th round draft pick in 2017.  Right handed reliever.

Low A ball to AA this year.  Has a 3.34 combined ERA.  Whip 1.01.  59ip  75k 18w     To be honest his AA stats not real impressive.  

Edited by BamaDoc

20 hours ago, Perfect Vision said:

Looking forward to hearing reports on Sheets from the scouts and pro talent evaluators that go to the AFL.

I've thought about this too. They've never paid him any mind so it will be interesting to see if their tune changes/ they're positive. 

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

I wonder what the hell happened with Burger. Is his setback worse than it is led in to be? What a disappointment. I hope he actually comes back in shape. Dude has pounds that he could lose. 

Just about ready to write him off as a capitol loss. 2 years of lost development has got to be tough to overcome.

3 hours ago, ron883 said:

I wonder what the hell happened with Burger. Is his setback worse than it is led in to be? What a disappointment. I hope he actually comes back in shape. Dude has pounds that he could lose. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he never plays again. The dude tore his Achilles twice. I'm really not sure why anyone would even be the tiniest bit optimistic about him returning. 

• 3 weeks later...