Twins @ Sox 8/29 Berrios vs Cease

Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, flavum said:

In the Sox five wins, Sox outscored the Twins 25-12. 5 homers for the Sox; 4 homers for the Twins.

In the Twins 11 wins, Twins outscored the Sox 98-26. 7 homers for the Sox; 33 homers for the Twins.

Total: Twins outscored Sox 110-51; HR: 37-12

Those are some ugly numbers...doesn't matter if you are a stat guy or a traditionalist.

I have a hope that Cease is going to be good in this league...but so far the results are not very encouraging. The FO MUST sign 1-2 elite or star level pitchers this offseason or this entire rebuild is going to hinge on hopes that Cease/Kopech/Lopez can figure it out. That is too many variables for my comfort level. 

57 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I have a hope that Cease is going to be good in this league...but so far the results are not very encouraging. The FO MUST sign 1-2 elite or star level pitchers this offseason or this entire rebuild is going to hinge on hopes that Cease/Kopech/Lopez can figure it out. That is too many variables for my comfort level. 

I think if he stays healthy, he will be fine. He is giving up homers like never before. 13 allowed in 52 innings. In 354 minor league innings he only allowed 16.

8 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Ehh.  Coaching most definitely. 

Talent-wise - I mean, they're good.  But they're also pretty stop gappy and have very little pitching outside of Berrios.  Buxton is really good when he's healthy.  Rosario and Kepler are really nice OF.  Sano is a great DH.  Other than that - they're a giant pile of meh that has wildly overachieved this season.  

They don't play the loyalty card.  They fire people in their organization,