Twins @ Sox 8/29 Berrios vs Cease

Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I really don't want to be that guy but....

We should probably expect some sort of adjustment period for Robert and Madrigal as well. 

Robert has many of the same holes Eloy does at the plate. Struggles with velocity up and in and chases any and all sliders.  Madrigal shouldn’t have a big adjustment.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

We should probably expect some sort of adjustment period for Robert and Madrigal as well. 

I think that goes without saying, just a little puzzling how well both of Cease and Eloy finished last year we thought they'd come up and succeed fairly quickly. Baseball is hard

Just now, fathom said:

Robert has many of the same holes Eloy does at the plate. Struggles with velocity up and in and chases any and all sliders.  Madrigal shouldn’t have a big adjustment.

Robert acclimating to MLB is still a huge upgrade over Engel at his best.

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

I think that goes without saying, just a little puzzling how well both of Cease and Eloy finished last year we thought they'd come up and succeed fairly quickly. Baseball is hard

It’s been apparent since May that Cease would struggle with his command in the majors.

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Every player gets that slack. Doesn't matter the team.

My problem with Cease is that his AAA season wasn't exactly great either.  He's going to have to prove he belongs next year, because Kopech will probably be up in May and Dunning could push him too.  And of course, Rodon later on. 

Edited by flavum
  • Like 1

Just curious. Cease got some experience this year. Should we just send him back down to work on some things. Let him pitch two more weeks in AAA then shut him down?

I don't really care either way and am still high on him.

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

God forbid that one of our rookies should hit the ground running like the countless times we've seen it done by players on other teams.