Twins @ Sox 8/29 Berrios vs Cease

Jack Parkman

44 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

As awful as this line score looks, those two wild pitches all the way to backstop concern me the most. I don't remember seeing a pitcher that wild and out of control. I thought he was injured, too.

This is a big setback for Cease. And it only proves the team needs to have a big off season. Either that or another potential 90 losses.

I think once you set the precedent for tanking it takes a lotta talent to finally creep toward .500. I know tanking has worked in the past for teams. I just think the odds are much greater we lose 90 or more games next year than we are 10 over .500. We shall see.

13 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I love the "Sox fans" on Twitter thrashing Cease and saying he needs to be sent down / shut down.  They're the same people that were screaming for his promotion in June and early July, and would be complaining daily if he wasn't promoted.  Comical stuff.  He's here.  Let him work through his shit.  

I'm surprised the care enough to tweet about it. 

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I think once you set the precedent for tanking it takes a lotta talent to finally creep toward .500. I know tanking has worked in the past for teams. I just think the odds are much greater we lose 90 or more games next year than we are 10 over .500. We shall see.

Everyone in the organization should be fired if they lose 90 or more next year.

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

He pitched fine against the Astros and Mets...but by all means, keep using the word “tank” like it’s a four letter word.

I'm OK with him continuing to get starts since the games are meaningless. It was just a suggestion we shut him down. His ERA blows. Almost 6.00. Not sure if ERA means anything anymore. His Ks are pretty good and I know Ks are important.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I'm OK with him continuing to get starts since the games are meaningless. It was just a suggestion we shut him down. His ERA blows. Almost 6.00. Not sure if ERA means anything anymore. His Ks are pretty good and I know Ks are important.

6.92 ERA

On days like today, I just like to remind myself...Giolito had the highest ERA in baseball last year.  Not to mention that Lopez has looked so much better since the All Star Break.  Cease will get there, just be patient, or at least that is what I tell myself.  

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

High fastball and Eloy pounds it into the ground. I’m thrilled the organization is considering fixing his stance/swing, as he reminds me so much of Avi his first few years.

I hadn't heard about this, could you post a link?

40 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I love the "Sox fans" on Twitter thrashing Cease and saying he needs to be sent down / shut down.  They're the same people that were screaming for his promotion in June and early July, and would be complaining daily if he wasn't promoted.  Comical stuff.  He's here.  Let him work through his shit.  

Sometimes people aren't happy unless there is something to complain or b**** about. 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Anyone know what the head-to-head homer totals are between the Sox and Twins this year?

In the Sox five wins, Sox outscored the Twins 25-12. 5 homers for the Sox; 4 homers for the Twins.

In the Twins 11 wins, Twins outscored the Sox 98-26. 7 homers for the Sox; 33 homers for the Twins.

Total: Twins outscored Sox 110-51; HR: 37-12

Edited by flavum
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, flavum said:

In the Sox five wins, Sox outscored the Twins 25-12. 5 homers for the Sox; 4 homers for the Twins.

In the Twins 11 wins, Twins outscored the Sox 98-26. 7 homers for the Sox; 33 homers for the Twins.

Total: Twins outscored Sox 110-51; HR: 37-12

It really looks bad the years Minnie and KC kick our ass. It hasn't mattered for a long time but we often get owned by these small market clubs in our division. Just wish Jerry would sell the team and try again with a whole new front office.