Sox fire Matt Lisle/Matt Lisle quits (?)

Jose Abreu

18 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

The amazing battle between old school and progress.  Christ.   

Maybe it is that.  Could be that lisle tangled with more old school coaches who didn't like to be told how to do their job by a rookie. Many baseball lifers have a big problem with guys like lisle, ochart or albert with no pro experience comining in and telling them how to do their job.

Maybe in the sox org the traditionalists with tenure still have more power unlike the astros who fire old school coaches who don't comply.

But then again maybe it was something else, I think this Johansen guy is still there so maybe it just didn't work with lisle. I read rumors his last college job didn't go well either, some of those "nerd coaches" are not easy to work with because they know that they are smart and let the old school guys feel it (kinda a bit arrogant sheldon cooper style, kyle boddy comes off like this too at least online).

Edited by dominik-keul@gmx.de

9 minutes ago, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

Maybe it is that.  Could be that lisle tangled with more old school coaches who didn't like to be told how to do their job by a rookie. Many baseball lifers have a big problem with guys like lisle, ochart or albert with no pro experience comining in and telling them how to do their job.

Maybe in the sox org the traditionalists with tenure still have more power.

But then again maybe it was something else, I think this Johansen guy is still there so maybe it just didn't work with lisle. I read rumors his last college job didn't go well either, some of those "nerd coaches" are not easy to work with because they know that they are smart and let the old school guys feel it (kinda a bit arrogant sheldon cooper style, kyle boddy comes off like this too at least online).

It shouldn't matter if they're right, but that's not how it works in the real world.

Sometimes you have to be a dick to get your point across and people have too fragile of an ego to ever admit that they are wrong. 

Nothing actually works like it's supposed to. People would rather fire a valuable employee than admit that they are wrong. Sad. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

9 minutes ago, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

Maybe in the sox org the traditionalists with tenure still have more power unlike the astros who fire old school coaches who don't comply.

At this point no progress will occur until the grim reaper eventually cleans up shop.   Just like the Hawks.   

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It shouldn't matter if they're right, but that's not how it works in the real world.

Sometimes you have to be a dick to get yout point across and people have to fragile of an ego to ever admit that they are wrong. 

Nothing actually works like it's supposed to. People would rather fire a valuable employee than admit that they are wrong. Sad. 

No one here has any idea what Lisle did, why he was let go or etc. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No one here has any idea what Lisle did, why he was let go or etc. 

Agreed, but the hiring of Lisle was “proof” the Sox were trying to get out of the Stone Age.  It’s just another occurrence that seems to keep things status quo instead of progressing forward

• Like 2