Sox fire Matt Lisle/Matt Lisle quits (?)

Jose Abreu

13 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I thought Jack was making the point that Lisle was being a dick via social media by liking an article about the Sox bunting too much to get his point across to the team?  Maybe I misread his post though...

I seriously doubt Matt Lisle was purposely being a dick to get his point across by liking an article.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I highly disagree with the second paragraph. It's a way of putting social pressure on the company to be more ethical or improve their practices. You may like working there but there's a few things that bother you. You've brought it up to management with no response. 

Too many people seem to accept that employment is a one way street. I don't think so. When people fuck up they need to be held accountable. 

If you want a company to run and operate exactly as you want, go open your own. When you sign up to work for someone, you don't always get what you want. You may think you're right but the bottom line is, it's not your decision. The company has no obligation to agree with your position whenever you're "right." That's work. Other people have opinions and you don't run the entire show. Work on your messaging and fight for the next one.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I seriously doubt Matt Lisle was purposely being a dick to get his point across by liking an article.

Haha, you never know.  Just think about how pissed we fans get watching Renteria call for bunts all the time.  I’d be even more pissed watching the team I work for do it.  😂

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Agreed, but the hiring of Lisle was “proof” the Sox were trying to get out of the Stone Age.  It’s just another occurrence that seems to keep things status quo instead of progressing forward

Probably one of those cases where a new blood hire with zero MLB experience was brought in and rubbed too many old school player development staff the wrong way. 

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I don't agree with that in principle. I know what at will employment is. You should be allowed to leave, but it should be incredibly difficult for your employer to terminate you. I don't think that your boss should be able to fire you just because they don't like you. If you're bad at your job and there's plenty of documented  evidence that's a different story. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I don't agree with that in principle. I know what at will employment is. You should be allowed to leave, but it should be incredibly difficult for your employer to terminate you. I don't think that your boss should be able to fire you just because they don't like you. If you're bad at your job and there's plenty of documented  evidence that's a different story. 

You may not agree with it but it’s the way of the U.S. so quite frankly, it doesn’t matter what you agree with.

• Like 1

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

Thats not what freedom of speach means lol.

It means the Government won't arrest you for your thoughts.

Exactly.  You have a right to shit on the company you work for via social media but they also can fire you whenever they want.

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Point #2 is freedom of speech my friend. You shouldn't be in fear of retaliation for telling the truth. 

Lol...this completely explains your delusional viewpoint of evil corporate America.  Yes, you can rip your employer for whatever you like and not go to jail.  Hurray for free speech!  And guess what, they can rightfully fire your stupid ass for trying to devalue their brand on social media.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Thats not what freedom of speach means lol.

It means the Government won't arrest you for your thoughts.

If you're in fear of losing your job for your speech that is a sophisticated form of thought control. Being unemployed long-term is almost the equivalent of being incarcerated. You can't do anything without money. At least in jail you have a roof over your head and 3 meals per day. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I highly disagree with the second paragraph. It's a way of putting social pressure on the company to be more ethical or improve their practices. You may like working there but there's a few things that bother you. You've brought it up to management with no response. 

Too many people seem to accept that employment is a one way street. I don't think so. When people fuck up they need to be held accountable. 

Wow is all I can to say this...

2 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I am Union and if I blasted my workplace I could be fired or at minimum suspended.  He isn't.  Jobs aren't human rights.

I work for a Forbes 100 company and the same would happen to me.  Hell, if I had a Facebook or Twitter documenting my love of guns, I might be canned.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nope, I don't believe corporate America eis evil because of solely my experiences and others. There is plenty of evidence that it is true. I think that commerce has a purpose, but they shouldn't get carte blanche to do whatever the fuck they please. Did you hear about the Wells Fargo thing from a few months ago?  Do you know how common wage theft is? I've looked into this stuff and protect myself. According to law, regardless of whether you're on salary or hourly wages, you should be paid overtime for any hours you work over 40 per week. Companies ask people on salary to work 50-60 hrs regularly and don't compensate them for their time. I want people to be held accountable for this shit. 

My college age sister just worked 6 weeks in Boston, was told she was going to get paid at the conclusion of the job, and 50 people who worked this job didn't get paid. Not only that, the company disappeared into thin air and nobody responds to emails, and just went into ghost mode. No way of contacting them. What are people supposed to do? 

Salaried people do not get overtime. It's the reason they are salaried. They also dont get paid at the end of a job. I dont know why someone would take that job unless they really research that company first. Work now and we'll pay you later doesnt sound good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I disagree. I think having a job is a human right. 

You have a right to work.  But that doesn’t mean it’s guaranteed to be a good job or that you don’t have to do the right things (e.g. work hard and don’t rip your employer) to maintain said employment.

We don’t need communism here afterall. 

Edited by Moan4Yoan

24 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Point #2 is freedom of speech my friend. You shouldn't be in fear of retaliation for telling the truth. 

Depends on whose truth. Its slander in many cases. Freedom of speech doesnt extend to slander.

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Salaried people do not get overtime. It's the reason they are salaried. They also dont get paid at the end of a job. I dont know why someone would take that job unless they really research that company first. Work now and we'll pay you later doesnt sound good.

It's required by law though. You're saying it's ok for corporations to break the law and steal wages from their employees. Wow. This world is really fucked up. How come it's ok for your boss to steal your wages but if I walk into a store and rip something off I go to jail? It's basically the same thing. 

Edited by Jack Parkman