Sox fire Matt Lisle/Matt Lisle quits (?)

Jose Abreu

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Accept what type of behavior?  If I was completely misaligned with my company I’d simply leave and find a new job. 

Having to be in constant fear of termination for no reason whatsoever, with no grounds whatsoever. I can't do my job with that hanging over me. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

19 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I highly disagree with the second paragraph. It's a way of putting social pressure on the company to be more ethical or improve their practices. You may like working there but there's a few things that bother you. You've brought it up to management with no response. 

Too many people seem to accept that employment is a one way street. I don't think so. When people fuck up they need to be held accountable. 

Your wrong in most of these statements.  Employment is not a two way street. As an employee you have zero risk if the company has troubles or goes bankrupt.  You just go find a different job. The owners risk losing everything.  They took all the risk starting and investing in the company. If you has an employee cost them business with unfounded slander, you cost them money at no risk to you.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's required by law though. You're saying it's ok for corporations to break the law and steal wages from their employees. Wow. This world is really fucked up. How come it's ok for your boss to steal your wages but if I walk into a store and rip something off I go to jail? 

Well clearly it’s not required by law.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Having to be in constant fear of termination for no reason whatsoever, with no grounds whatsoever. I can't do my job with that hanging over me. 

This isn’t truly the way it works in practice, unless you work for an awful company.  Unless there are layoffs occurring, most employees don’t usually get canned for no good reason.

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I disagree. I think having a job is a human right. 

No. It's not. Even in the constitution there is the right of pursuit of happiness. You don't get it just because you think you deserve it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

No. It's not. Even in the constitution there is the right of pursuit of happiness. You don't get it just because you think you deserve it.

I can't pursue happiness without a means of personal income. Therefore, a job is a human right. 

I have yet to find a penniless person who is happy. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's required by law though. You're saying it's ok for corporations to break the law and steal wages from their employees. Wow. This world is really fucked up. How come it's ok for your boss to steal your wages but if I walk into a store and rip something off I go to jail? It's basically the same thing. 

You are referring to salary nonexempt  employees. They get over time. Salary exempt  which is what most are, do not qualify for over time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No reason whatsoever?  That almost never happens.  The vast majority of terminations that aren’t planned lay-offs are performance and/or behavioral related. Do a good job, don’t be a dick, and avoid blasting your company on social media and you should be good with job security.  

It’s pretty obvious that you don’t know when to keep your mouth shut at work and that’s caused problems for you in the past with employers.  You seem to have an entitlement that you can say whatever you feel whenever you want and that’s never going to fly whether you like it or not.  So either change your ways or look for alternative forms of employment, because you are doing this to yourself.

• Like 1

I can't pursue happiness without a means of personal income. Therefore, a job is a right. 

Happiness is all relative, just like the jobs people are qualified for.  To someone who is poor with no education, being a manager at a McDonald’s might be a great job and they would be happy with that.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Happiness is all relative, just like the jobs people are qualified for.  To someone who is poor with no education, being a manager at a McDonald’s might be a great job.

Have you ever met a homeless person who was happy? 

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No reason whatsoever?  That almost never happens.  The vast majority of terminations that aren’t planned lay-offs are performance and/or behavioral related. Do a good job, don’t be a dick, and avoid blasting your company on social media and you should be good with job security.  

It’s pretty obvious that you don’t know when to keep your mouth shut at work and that’s caused problems for you in the past with employers.  You seem to have an entitlement that you can say whatever you feel whenever you want and that’s never going to fly whether you like it or not.  So either change your ways or look for alternative forms of employment, because you are doing this to yourself.

I can keep my mouth shut if my employer isn't doing something, illegal, unethical, or otherwise immoral. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Look it up. It is. People are too dumb to know otherwise. Salary is a yearly stipend based on working 40 hrs/week. Anything more than that is OT. 

You’re right Jack, the tens of millions of Americans who are exempt employees are just too dumb to know otherwise and only the great Jack Parkman knows the truth!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

You are referring to salary nonexempt  employees. They get over time. Salary exempt  which is what most are, do not qualify for over time.

You beat me to it.  And I believe the Department of Labor just recently proposed raising the salary level for overtime exemption.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

I can keep my mouth shut if my employer isn't doing something, illegal, unethical, or otherwise immoral. 

A homeless person with nothing getting a job as a manager at a McDonald’s?  Yes, that should make them happy.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’re right Jack, the tens of millions of Americans who are exempt employees are just too dumb to know otherwise and only the great Jack Parkman knows the truth!!

There's no such thing as "exempt" employees. That's a lie that your boss tells you so they can steal your money without fear of being sued. Too many people buy it. 

• Haha 1

What were your previous employers doing that was illegal or unethical?

Edited by Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Most companies obviously don’t pay overtime to salaried employees but take care of you in other ways, such as extra PTO days or performance-based benefits.  That’s how I get a little extra for my extra work hours.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There's no such thing as "exempt" employees. That's a lie that your boss tells you so they can steal your money without fear of being sued. Too many people buy it. 

It's a legal employment classification. Its regulated. I understand your perception of unethical and immoral is vastly different than most but your perception of illegal is as well. Look up salary exempt  employee.

Edited by ptatc

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

What were your previous employees doing that was illegal or unethical?

I'm not going to go there. There were a few things. I've actually never ripped my previous employers publicly for anything, and I wouldn't do that anyway. I'm not afraid to tell it to people's face though. 

Jack, you are talking out of your ass now.

https://www.dol.gov/whd/overtime_pay.htm

The federal overtime provisions are contained in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Unless exempt, employees covered by the Act must receive overtime pay for hours worked over 40 in a workweek at a rate not less than time and one-half their regular rates of pay.”

• Like 1

I'm not going to go there. There were a few things. I've actually never ripped my previous employers publicly for anything, and I wouldn't do that anyway. I'm not afraid to tell it to people's face though. 

LOL, same difference dude.

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

It shouldn't matter if they're right, but that's not how it works in the real world.

Sometimes you have to be a dick to get your point across and people have too fragile of an ego to ever admit that they are wrong. 

Nothing actually works like it's supposed to. People would rather fire a valuable employee than admit that they are wrong. Sad. 

No - That is not how it works.  How you treat people matters and how you go about things matters.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1