Sox fire Matt Lisle/Matt Lisle quits (?)

Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Jack, you are talking out of your ass now.

https://www.dol.gov/whd/overtime_pay.htm

The federal overtime provisions are contained in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Unless exempt, employees covered by the Act must receive overtime pay for hours worked over 40 in a workweek at a rate not less than time and one-half their regular rates of pay.”

I'm glad you had the energy to look it up. I've about had it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

So if you saw a fellow coworker smoking weed outside on his break you would go rat him out? 

I don't think that legality and morality are equivalent. I don't think weed is immoral, and it would completely depend on the job. Can other people get hurt if this guy is high? If the answer is no, I'd let it go. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm not going to go there. There were a few things. I've actually never ripped my previous employers publicly for anything, and I wouldn't do that anyway. I'm not afraid to tell it to people's face though. 

And there is nothing wrong with this. I've had jobs at clinics I quit because they were committing Medicare fraud. This is a truly illegal and unethical thing clinics shouldn't do. I turned them into the state. The state did nothing about it but I wouldnt work there again anyway.

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Are you serious? This is absurd.  

As a heart attack. There might be actually an exemption for this but the person should be in the top 10% of salaried earners in order to reach that. Anything else is just abuse of the law. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

As a heart attack. 

I am posting it again just for you to see, Jack.  Salary exemptions from required overtime pay exist, Jack.  This is straight from the U.S. Department of Labor website.

The federal overtime provisions are contained in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Unless exempt, employees covered by the Act must receive overtime pay for hours worked over 40 in a workweek at a rate not less than time and one-half their regular rates of pay.”

Edited by Moan4Yoan

LOL, same difference dude.

The problem is Jack has a huge ego and it’s his own undoing.  He just literally called tens of millions of Americans dumb over something he is 100% in the wrong about.  He’s the “dick” from his original post in this thread and actually thinks that’s an acceptable way to act in an corporate setting.  Being an arrogant know it all isn’t going to fly in most positions, especially entry level ones.

I am posting it again just for you to see, Jack.  Salary exemptions from required overtime pay exist, Jack.  This is straight from the U.S. Department of Labor website.

The federal overtime provisions are contained in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Unless exempt, employees covered by the Act must receive overtime pay for hours worked over 40 in a workweek at a rate not less than time and one-half their regular rates of pay.”

These people better be making a shit ton of money. Regular workers like you guys shouldn't agree to that shit. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

These people better be making a shit ton of money. Regular workers like you guys shouldn't agree to that shit. 

Regular workers?  You have no idea what we do, lol.  Some people that post on here could be 5 figures, 6 figures, or perhaps even 7.

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What is the salary threshold for being exempt then? I'd hope it's well over $100k. 

You tell us.  You just claimed we’re all entitled to overtime!  

Funny I I don’t see billboards with lawyers advertising their ability to get people their entitled overtime pay.  I guess lawyers just don’t like money anymore!