Sox fire Matt Lisle/Matt Lisle quits (?)

Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm not bringing up "my shit" 

I have my opinions about the employer/employees relationship and I'd have those thoughts regardless of my personal experiences. My personal experiences have been few and far between, so they really don't matter. Everything that shapes my opinion on the matter comes from other people's experiences. 

You choose what you want to believe and have decided corporate America is evil because what’s happened to you in the past.  If that wasn’t the case, you would have actually considered some of the posters here’s viewpoints which told you were completely off-base.  Instead, you stick with the unlucky few who have had really bad experiences (assuming they’re even true) because it supports your narrative.

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You choose what you want to believe and have decided corporate America is evil because what’s happened to you in the past.  If that wasn’t the case, you would have actually considered some of the posters here’s viewpoints which told you were completely off-base.  Instead, you stick with the unlucky few who have had really bad experiences (assuming they’re even true) because it supports your narrative.

Nope, I don't believe corporate America eis evil because of solely my experiences and others. There is plenty of evidence that it is true. I think that commerce has a purpose, but they shouldn't get carte blanche to do whatever the fuck they please. Did you hear about the Wells Fargo thing from a few months ago?  Do you know how common wage theft is? I've looked into this stuff and protect myself. According to law, regardless of whether you're on salary or hourly wages, you should be paid overtime for any hours you work over 40 per week. Companies ask people on salary to work 50-60 hrs regularly and don't compensate them for their time. I want people to be held accountable for this shit. 

My college age sister just worked 6 weeks in Boston, was told she was going to get paid at the conclusion of the job, and 50 people who worked this job didn't get paid. Not only that, the company disappeared into thin air and nobody responds to emails, and just went into ghost mode. No way of contacting them. What are people supposed to do? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Ok sure, but how is this is relevant to the subject at hand exactly?

I thought Jack was making the point that Lisle was being a dick via social media by liking an article about the Sox bunting too much to get his point across to the team?  Maybe I misread his post though...

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Since when has that mattered in this organization?  In all seriousness though, he should have never liked that tweet.

Here's my take:

1. There's zero chance that's why he isnt working for the sox anymore.

2. It's stupid he would like a tweet, in a public position, ripping his employer even if it was complimenting him.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Here's my take:

1. There's zero chance that's why he isnt working for the sox anymore.

2. It's crazy he would like a tweet, in a public position, ripping his employer.

Point #2 is freedom of speech my friend. You shouldn't be in fear of retaliation for telling the truth. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

My college age sister just worked 6 weeks in Boston, was told she was going to get paid at the conclusion of the job, and 50 people who worked this job didn't get paid. Not only that, the company disappeared into thin air and nobody responds to emails, and just went into ghost mode. No way of contacting them. What are people supposed to do? 

Lol...if you think this is a remotely normal situation then god bless you Jack Parkman.  What was the actual job?

And only a tiny portion of corporate Americans are working anywhere near 60 hours a week and I’d wager most of them are well compensated for their time regardless of overtime pay.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Point #2 is freedom of speech my friend. You shouldn't be in fear of retaliation for telling the truth. 

Freedom of speech protects you against government prosecution pal, it has nothing to do with work. 

You don't deserve the right to blast your employer in a public setting. They're paying you to support and represent the company - read every handbook in the history of existence. 

You think it's OK to bite the hand that feeds you publically? Business is an internal matter the second you sign on the dotted line. If you have a problem with where you're working philosophically or opions wise then quit - no one made you work there. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Freedom of speech protects you against government prosecution pal. 

You don't deserve the right to blast your employer in a public setting. They're paying you to support and represent the company - read every handbook in the history of existence. 

You think it's OK to bite the hand that feeds you publically? Business is an internal matter the second you sign on the dotted line. If you have a problem with where you're working philosophically or opions wise then quit - no one made you work there. 

I highly disagree with the second paragraph. It's a way of putting social pressure on the company to be more ethical or improve their practices. You may like working there but there's a few things that bother you. You've brought it up to management with no response. 

Too many people seem to accept that employment is a one way street. I don't think so. When people fuck up they need to be held accountable. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Jack, you are wrong here bud.  Companies can have policies that employees have to agree to that result in discipline or termination if you make disparaging comments about the company.  Or they will simply terminate you at will with some sort of reason.

I think that is inherently unethical and wrong. It should be illegal and grounds for a wrongful termination lawsuit. 

Edited by Jack Parkman