9/1- Sox at Braves, 4:10, WGN

flavum

13 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I have never believed that 2019 was our year. I do expect us to be in competition for a playoff spot next year. We have seen improvements by several key players 

Maybe a wild card, and only if the required record is reasonable, like 84-86 wins.

Otherwise, I can't see us making up the ground to pass Minnesota and Cleveland next year.  Remember, we not only have to get substantially better, the Twins and Indians also need to get substantially worse.

2 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Maybe a wild card, and only if the required record is reasonable, like 84-86 wins.

Otherwise, I can't see us making up the ground to pass Minnesota and Cleveland next year.  Remember, we not only have to get substantially better, the Twins and Indians also need to get substantially worse.

We are adding the equivalent of 8-12 quality players to the current team.  Kopech, Robert, Madrigal, Rodon, Dunning, FA right fielder, 2 free agent rotation pieces and 2-3 FA relievers and a DH solution.  Rick is going to be a busy boy.🙂

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Imthe last 12 seasons, the White Sox have won more games in a season than the Tampa Bay Rays, once. Robin Ventura’s final  year as the manager.

12 years of losing, which makes it amusing that posters still defend this front office.

They have failed at trying to compete for years and the jury is still out at long-term rebuilding.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

Considering that next year is year 4, does this look like a team ready to contend?  It should be (with all due respect to the FO excuses and Hahn's outrageous self-serving claim that rebuilds take 7 years).
The run differential is worse than teams in year 1 of their rebuild; a mere 12 runs better than the Royals.  20-25% of the roster is populated by certified org. guys.  7 straight losing seasons.  A non-effort at the trade deadline.  and on and on.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Stealing 3rd base with two outs with your best hitter up from a guy that will score on any single is a pretty great idea.

Anderson and Garcia are good players that have trouble thinking smart baseball.  Our constant near collisions on popups and flyballs almost always involve one or both of them.  Both of them have me thinking great things about them one day and ready to give up on them the next.  They are talented but really need to get their heads in the game.  

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

*Sox get swept back to back by two really good teams 2.5 years after the rebuild starts*

Ah fuck everything!!!!!! this whole plan is doomed!!!

#logic

They got swept at home which is never good. Four of these games, they gave up a ton of runs, which also isn't good. By the way, when do the Sox get to be a really good team? Do they ever get to do that?