9/2/19 White Sox @Cleveland MLB Free Game of the Day

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If Moncada ends up at 800ish ops and Giolito at 3.75-4.00 ERA, they only have Robert, Madrigal, Collins and Kopech left to promote from a PR standpoint...or the human interest story of whether Burger can make it to the big leagues (although not exactly a huge hurdle in this organization.)

Looks like another offseason of MEH.

lol

How do you come up with this stuff? 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Look at the win gap. Sox are better than KC by a lot. Seattle is closer than I thought. 

Sox not far ahead of KC by the run gap; and well behind Seattle.

Plus, look at the 2nd half. This team got decidedly worse.

Edited by GreenSox

9 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Puig and Reyes would look good in White Sox uniforms.  They don't seem to be nice guys but maybe we need some of that edge.

Reyes was the most popular player in the Padres’ organization.  If anything, he’s too nice.

Check out his karaoke/singing clips at YouTube.

Edited by caulfield12

19 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I have a really easy time blaming them. You can tell by watching the games. 

Even Jimenez is in the bottom ten out of about 60 qualified hitters under age 26 for OPS, which doesn’t even take his defense into account.

I guess the response will be Vladimir Jr. is only about 50 points higher and was more hyped.

Edited by caulfield12

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Even Jimenez is in the bottom ten out of about 60 qualified hitters under age 26 for OPS, which doesn’t even take his defense into account.

I guess the response will be Vladimir Jr. is only about 50 points higher and was more hyped.

Their approach at the plate and on the mound is antiquated and I blame coaching. Capra sucks and gives away outs at the plate. Renteria as about as bad of an in-game tactician as I've ever seen. Only Bevington takes the cake. 

That being said, Eloy has struggled this year but I think a big part of it is being in and out of the lineup with injuries. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Their approach at the plate and on the mound is antiquated and I blame coaching. Capra sucks and gives away outs at the plate. Renteria as about as bad of an in-game tactician as I've ever seen. Only Bevington takes the cake. 

Chuck Tanner was a good manager.  His teams seemed were well coached and ready to play.  Ozzie was good until his kids got involved...than he became unbearable.

48 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Shut the fuck up already

• Love 2