9/2/19 White Sox @Cleveland MLB Free Game of the Day

49 minutes ago, fathom said:

Teams they are playing are much better. The offense though has completely disappeared.  

The offense is usually equaling the opposition in hits but they can't get big hits or HR's at all. How many HR's have the Sox hit in this 7 game losing streak ? 2 ? 3 ? Plus the pitching staff is giving up a lot of double digit games.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

Just watched the Renteria ejection. For him to make the umpire come to the dugout like that, it might cost him an extra game, in my opinion. Kind of uncalled for. 

Haha for sure.  I kinda liked it.  Does it erase all the bunting and Jon Jay batting cleanup mistakes?  Probably not.  

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm being to think that not even talent can overcome some of the deficits that this organization has. 

A front line manager with his own hand picked coaches would have us all feeling better about the rebuild.  Watching bad baseball night after night is getting old.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

A front line manager with his own hand picked coaches would have us all feeling better about the rebuild.  Watching bad baseball night after night is getting old.

It's gonna take new ownership and the previous regime gutted out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

It's gonna take new ownership and the previous regime gutted out.

Yeah, at this point I'm going to be shocked if they do anything with this current group of players. They have some nice pieces, but it just seems like they'll only have enough to get to the 78 to 85 win range. If you look at run differential they're closer to the  bottom feeders than they are to everyone else. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chetkincaid said:

I think this team is tired, bored, disinterested and ready for the offseason. Coaching staff too. 

It's one of the negatives of a rebuild (don't shoot the messenger, it happens to be true). The roster makeup is such this team can't contend for the postsason so it's human nature to not give a bleep the final six weeks or so. I know baseball is a fun game, but a lot of the guys are nicked up, too. I'm just saying until we field a roster that's capable of vying for postseason play, the team will probably limp home playing this kind of baseball. When the team gets good, you'll probably see half the errors from say, Anderson. Just my take. It's easy for lousy teams to be lousy year after year, look at the dregs teams in the NFL and NBA as well as MLB.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, at this point I'm going to be shocked if they do anything with this current group of players.

It's this current group of players PLUS Collins, Robert, Madrigal and Vaughn. Plus Basabe, Rutherford.

Also Kopech and Dunning and Stiever. There's your core group. Can that group plus our current players dominate with a few free agents to help? That is the question.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

It's this current group of players PLUS Collins, Robert, Madrigal and Vaughn. Plus Basabe, Rutherford.

Also Kopech and Dunning and Stiever. There's your core group. Can that group plus our current players dominate with a few free agents to help? That is the question.

I don't know if it's enough. You look at the division leaders in the AL and they have no holes in their lineup at the very least. The Astros don't have a hole on their entire roster. It's going to be hard. 

I'm not completely down on the rebuild. I'm going to hope for the best. But I'm to the point that I'm not counting on even one  major FA signing or playoff appearance. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

It's one of the negatives of a rebuild (don't shoot the messenger, it happens to be true). The roster makeup is such this team can't contend for the postsason so it's human nature to not give a bleep the final six weeks or so. I know baseball is a fun game, but a lot of the guys are nicked up, too. I'm just saying until we field a roster that's capable of vying for postseason play, the team will probably limp home playing this kind of baseball. When the team gets good, you'll probably see half the errors from say, Anderson. Just my take. It's easy for lousy teams to be lousy year after year, look at the dregs teams in the NFL and NBA as well as MLB.

Having a winning culture is not just a cliché. The real downside to a tank and rebuild that takes years to turn things around and the losing gets to the players, coaches and managers. After a time it takes its toll. Its human nature to get down at times. The result is what fans are seeing in this losing streak.

There is no need to over-analyze this game. The Sox were just plain bad in almost every aspect of the game. Walks, bone-head plays, failure to deliver a big hit, and a bottom of the order that gives three innings away. Even the manager gets thrown out when the ump makes the right call. This was not major league baseball. It was a travesty.

The FO can't keep telling fans to have patience. Changes have to be made in the off-season. I won't have faith in this rebuild if the team continues to sit on its hands. Just because you have some good young players doesn't mean you're going to eventually win anything. Right now 2020 looks like more losing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

29th time the Sox lost by 5 runs or more this season. 

Jason and Steve like to say the Sox "keep hanging around" when they are trailing by 4 or less.

They have to spin things somehow. The only way to sell this team is to keep saying they are not  giving up. But this time it didn't even sound believable. It would be better if Jason and Steve didn't spin things. Don't be like Hawk with his dead air. Just don't spin things. It only makes matters worse.