2020 RF options

Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

If that was the case (it wasn't), the fact that they knew they needed to fill those positions and then did such an awful job of filling them does not raise one's confidence. 

Well if they landed Manny, they were likely to add Joc also. I think once they missed on Manny, they just threw in the towel.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I missed today's game, but I'm thinking Ryan Goins is not a good option for RF next year? :cool:

it was a fairly routine fly ball that he ran in on and went over his head scoring a run. Indians only hit in the game. In his defense...he's never played there...but still.

4 minutes ago, Wanne said:

it was a fairly routine fly ball that he ran in on and went over his head scoring a run. Indians only hit in the game. In his defense...he's never played there...but still.

Thanks.  I did not see the play.  But I did see the game last night and honestly the way Leury was playing the OF he might have done the same thing.

I'm sure Goins feels pretty bad about it.

Reminds me of my little league career...I was a 3rd baseman but sometimes they would throw me in the outfield and I once came in on a fly ball that was actually a home run.  :D

7 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, wat?  Your "...but Hahn said otherwise" comment pretty clearly states you felt he should have said something else.

I am welcome to stick up for the guy if I want.  Hahn's record on the field is putrid as a GM, but he is the guy that has built what appears to be one of the best young cores in baseball.  I am willing to be patient and allow the man a little more time to put finishing touches on the roster.  It was pretty obvious to me that 2019 was a year too early. This season didn't change anything for me, other than being 1 year closer to primetime. If this offseason goes awry, I will lose said patience.  

I agree with you.  A few nice moves and this roster will be very good.  Actually...I'm more concerned with the manager and his band of coaches.

57 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

What do you expect him to say?  St. Louis is boring and I want out?  He's going to get a lot of offers this winter.

Some version of what Nova said is the standard - that he would be happy to be there next year. That's different from "my agent's job is to make me be here next year" - the latter makes it sound like you're willing to take a discount to play there and unwilling to play elsewhere even if you get slightly better offers. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Some version of what Nova said is the standard - that he would be happy to be there next year. That's different from "my agent's job is to make me be here next year" - the latter makes it sound like you're willing to take a discount to play there and unwilling to play elsewhere even if you get slightly better offers. 

I just don't put stock into in season soundbites especially when your team is starting to run away with the division.  StL is a great franchise but are also somewhat "risk averse".  He is also the best OF available this off season, which means he's going to get paid.

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I don't have a Twitter but clearly it wasn't supposed to have been posted.  Not like its a mystery the Sox need that though.

Yah....tweets and DMs are in completely different parts of the App.  It would be tough to tweet what was supposed to a DM on accident - especiialy as someone who uses Twitter regularly like Gregor.

That being said...yah.  Not exactly enlightening info.  I suppose Calhoun would fit that description if his option isn't picked up.  But gross.  Dickerson I guess...but he isn't really a natural RF.  Trade route makes much more sense and the "it'll also be a FA, most likely" isn't the most definitive comment.