2020 RF options

Jack Parkman

18 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I know you put the qualifier in there, but why the hell would the Sox trade Lopez, Walker, + when Luis Robert is going to be up the second week of the season who probably has a floor of around 2 WAR?  That just doesn't make sense.

Not really sold on Nimmo either.  If they are going to give up prospects for an OF it has to be a young, slugging, LHH. If that isn't available then you just give up money in FA for a slugging RF.

I'm not sure what Luis Robert in CF has to do with acquiring a RF? How does Robert make Laureano redundant?

And I think Nimmo would be a very interesting buy-low candidate. Not too dissimilar to the idea of buying Pederson from the Dodgers last off-season.

7 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Damn, was there already discussion about Nimmo in this thread before my post? I honestly haven't read any of the 15 pages.

I mean you could've just browsed the first 2 pages lol. I was the one who named Brian Anderson on the very first page for example. 

9 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Something like that would be fine, even though I'm sure the Mets could get a better package.  I'm just not trading ReyLo as someone suggested to get him.  

The ReyLo trade was reference to acquiring Laureano, not Nimmo. Nimmo would likely be had for some back-end top 10 guys as the headline.

7 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I remember some posters saying they would be fine with Leury starting in RF next year.  Leury .680 OPS Garcia as our starting corner outfielder.  I hope these posters have been laughed or ridiculed out of existence.

If this was possible you wouldn’t still be here.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

4 minutes ago, Flash said:

Gregorious situation interesting. Fan favorite but injury-marred season and Gleybor and Lamahieu have to play. Would love if the Sox could sign him and worry about positional issues later. 

It would have made sense if we didn’t draft Madrigal but I really don’t see any spot for him.

21 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

It would have made sense if we didn’t draft Madrigal but I really don’t see any spot for him.

I don't disagree unless TA can move to OF (and if he can, that would take care of several issues). Even if he can't/won't, Didi brings LH pop and reliable middle IF skills. I've seen several pro-JD Martinez posts and personally feel Didi brings more to the table at this point and will cost considerably less.

41 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Rockies would love to get rid of Charlie Blackmon.  They are a mess.  Charlie can still hit.  His contract could choke a goat, tho.

“Only” $93 million for years 33-36.

I think we’ve seen how this plays out often enough, especially for a CFer who’s more exposed to injury, and coming over from the NL and then the Coors Factor as well.

He’s had a very solid season this year, but how long will it last?

23 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I remember some posters saying they would be fine with Leury starting in RF next year.  Leury .680 OPS Garcia as our starting corner outfielder.  I hope these posters have been laughed or ridiculed out of existence.

I happen to be one of the posters who think he's OK. He's not that bad a player. If Robert and Madrigal start the year with the Sox we can afford to have a non all star at one of the positions. I'm sure the Sox would love to go cheap and stick him out there though there was that tweet from the reporter the other day saying Rick wanted a LH stud free agent bat in right which is fine too.

Sox have had a lot of interest in Puig the past few seasons, iirc. Weren't they rumoured to be after him at the trade deadline or offseason a few years back?

I feel like based off positional need, and that he's piqued their interest in the past, and maybe because of the Cuban thing Puig is here next year.

2 hours ago, nickofypres said:

Sox have had a lot of interest in Puig the past few seasons, iirc. Weren't they rumoured to be after him at the trade deadline or offseason a few years back?

I feel like based off positional need, and that he's piqued their interest in the past, and maybe because of the Cuban thing Puig is here next year.

I wouldn't bet against your take on this.