Corey Dickerson (FA) 

Gregory Polanco (trade) 

Brandon Nimmo (trade) 

RH hitters

M. Ozuna (FA) 

Puig(FA) 

Castellanos (FA) 

Of these options, who would you want? 

Corey Dickerson has appeal but the National League hitters have me feeling snake bit.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Corey Dickerson has appeal but the National League hitters have me feeling snake bit.

I wouldn't mind them signing both Dickerson and Puig or trading for Polanco and signing Puig. Polanco should be pretty cheap as he's missed most of this season and last to injury. Polanco might even be non-tendered. Dickerson/Polanco and Jimenez can rotate between LF/DH. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

No offense, but isn't Avi basically the same player as Ozuna? About the same age. Ozuna has drawn 45 walks to Avi's 29 in fewer plate appearances and he's whacked about six more homers. Ozuna has 17 more RBI which apparently means nothing with RBI stats discarded.

Ozuna makes 12 mill; Avi 3.5 mill. Since the Sox seem to be enjoying not spending a lot of money aside from bonus money isn't it smarter to sign Avi two years 6.5 mill a year instead of Ozuna two years 15 million a year? It's not like we're going to need a superstar in right. Avi figures to pick up the home run pace back in the The Cell.

Just saying ... Ozuna's stats don't scream "sign me!" I don't really care either way, but obviously I'd like Avi back if guys like 
Rutherford aren't going to make it. I guess Leury in right would be just as good as Avi as well.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

LH hitters

Corey Dickerson (FA) 

Gregory Polanco (trade) 

Brandon Nimmo (trade) 

RH hitters

M. Ozuna (FA) 

Puig(FA) 

Castellanos (FA) 

Of these options, who would you want? 

JD Martinez has played 39% of his time this season in LF/RF. You would need the 4th OF to be good defensively since JD is below average but it really adds a quality bat at DH as well. Not sure Hahn will pay him what he will want but ooking at the current rebuild lineup , we may not be able to afford another poor defender. The SP staff may go on strike. 

2 hours ago, SCCWS said:

JD Martinez has played 39% of his time this season in LF/RF. You would need the 4th OF to be good defensively since JD is below average but it really adds a quality bat at DH as well. Not sure Hahn will pay him what he will want but ooking at the current rebuild lineup , we may not be able to afford another poor defender. The SP staff may go on strike. 

As the DH sign me up.  No interest in a poor fielding right fielder.

I think Alex Gordon needs to be on the list.  He makes a lot of sense on a 1 year deal if acquiring someone like Nimmo via trade is too expensive.  

I certainly won't be mad if the Sox sign Ozuna, but our OF defense just became shockingly horrible, and the lineup SUPER right handed.  Also makes resigning Abreu not super realistic.  If they resign Abreu and sign Ozuna, it makes finding a LH masher for DH paramount.  Ozuna definitely would be an OK plan B.7, but any plan involving him would be a little ways down my list.  

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think Alex Gordon needs to be on the list.  He makes a lot of sense on a 1 year deal if acquiring someone like Nimmo via trade is too expensive.  

I certainly won't be mad if the Sox sign Ozuna, but our OF defense just became shockingly horrible, and the lineup SUPER right handed.  Also makes resigning Abreu not super realistic.  If they resign Abreu and sign Ozuna, it makes finding a LH masher for DH paramount.  Ozuna definitely would be an OK plan B.7, but any plan involving him would be a little ways down my list.  

Gordon is certainly a fine defender in LF, but has a 92 wRC+ this year and has not had one above 92 since 2015. While he's an obvious upgrade over Engel/Palka types, why not aim higher? 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Gordon is certainly a fine defender in LF, but has a 92 wRC+ this year and has not had one above 92 since 2015. While he's an obvious upgrade over Engel/Palka types, why not aim higher? 

I definitely want to aim higher.  But I don't think he's an awful stop gap in the OF on a 1 year deal if the options A, B, C and D don't work out.  I would definitely prefer guys like Nimmo, Polanco, Tapia, and Mazara via trade than Gordon.  I don't find guys like Castellanos and Ozuna to be great fits unless they are OK DHing multiple times per week - and then you STILL need a RF.   

18 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Dickerson has averaged an OPS+ north of 120 the last three years, to me he is the ideal candidate.

Just now, Tony said:

Aside from him being a total tool and hated in every clubhouse he's been in........

tool or not...he is good in the outfield, can hit and is left handed. the options on that list for left handers is vomit inducing. this team needs a lefty pretty badly. like I said...price will be too high, but I really can't think of a better "need" fit. 

44 minutes ago, bighurt574 said:

I like Castellanos but he's playing himself out of our price range right now.

The White Sox should have no price ranges they cannot play in this offseason.  Nick fuckin' Castellanos certainly isn't out of it.  

That being said, he's a very meh fit.  

• Like 1