2020 White Sox Season Ticket Changes

palehose1

I have full season platinum box seats and received an invoice for 6.6% increase, the first increase in the last few years. Also they want a deposit this month (September) as opposed to prior years when you had until about the end of December.

I asked my season ticket rep about the changes and all he did was confirm them but no explanation was given

Did others see a similar increase? It is the largest increase that I remember; had a similar increase for 2006 but understood the reason at the time.

Hopefully the money will be spent on free agent pitching, another catcher and a left handed hitter....

48 minutes ago, palehose1 said:

I have full season platinum box seats and received an invoice for 6.6% increase, the first increase in the last few years. Also they want a deposit this month (September) as opposed to prior years when you had until about the end of December.

I asked my season ticket rep about the changes and all he did was confirm them but no explanation was given

Did others see a similar increase? It is the largest increase that I remember; had a similar increase for 2006 but understood the reason at the time.

Hopefully the money will be spent on free agent pitching, another catcher and a left handed hitter....

Same for mine although I have a weekend plan and the increase wasn't quite that much. Still the largest increase since 2006 though.

39 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'd be slightly okay with the price increase but pushing the payment up is a red flag. Seems like they are protecting themselves from a bad offseason. 

After the season renewals aren't really unique, but it's a weird season to transition to that now. 

Given how stagnated pricing has been for about a decade, I cant complain there.

45 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'd be slightly okay with the price increase but pushing the payment up is a red flag. Seems like they are protecting themselves from a bad offseason. 

With the way the baseball off season goes nowadays, they'd have to push it back to March 1st to protect against a bad off season.

Hopefully it's a sign they are going to spend some money. It's not like the extra cash they collect, minus most likely more cancellations than new acccounts will mean much of a difference. But it does get the ball rolling. According to Forbes, massive profits the last few years, plus a new TV deal, plus most likely another 90 loss season seems like a weird time to raise prices. But they do have the next saviors in Robert and Madrigal and Kopech coming back. Maybe that will keep people interested. Plus the new 10 payment plan. 

Edited by Dick Allen

I never thought the attendance would be as high as it has been the last few years. Last year the team drew 1.6 million with a team that lost 100 games. I remember the 1970 team that drew less that 500,000. I never thought they would draw this many people with such bad teams. Seems to me that the attendance has been decent because of the low ticket prices and the decent promotions like dollar dog Wednesday and T-shirt Thursday. It doesn't cost as much as going to the Northside of Chicago where everything is super expensive. I hope they don't start over charging like they did in the past.

9 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I think they are just getting ahead of it.  Unless there are some more tragic injuries the Sox will be around .500 or better next year.  

I went to like 14 or 15 games so far this year and just eye balling it attendance looks to be up pretty significantly.  

They are averaging about 1400 a game more than last year. Usually in Sept. attendance drops off, but it will still be a slightly higher average than last season.

On 9/3/2019 at 2:49 PM, WBWSF said:

I never thought the attendance would be as high as it has been the last few years. Last year the team drew 1.6 million with a team that lost 100 games. I remember the 1970 team that drew less that 500,000. I never thought they would draw this many people with such bad teams. Seems to me that the attendance has been decent because of the low ticket prices and the decent promotions like dollar dog Wednesday and T-shirt Thursday. It doesn't cost as much as going to the Northside of Chicago where everything is super expensive. I hope they don't start over charging like they did in the past.

This team is capable of drawing 3 million a year but remember when the attendance rises so does the owner's rent to the state. He probably has an algorithm that tells him how minimally competent the organization can be to max his profits.. LOL.

He has the algorithm well-tuned on the West Side.

I pray the next owners are affluent sportsmen. It would be a first in the White Sox storied history.

Edited by GradMc

On 9/3/2019 at 11:35 AM, palehose1 said:

I can't imagine the Sox have THAT MANY full season platinum box seats ticket holders. A smart businessperson would lock you into the same price as last year for 2020 as a reward for sticking with the team during an insufferable rebuild. I mean we "should" be a playoff contender next season. You really should be locked into the same price as this season IMO as a reward. 6.6 percent is pretty hefty. The team's payroll has been miniscule. Sox should be ashamed.

1 hour ago, GradMc said:

This team is capable of drawing 3 million a year but remember when the attendance rises so does the owner's rent to the state. He probably has an algorithm that tells him how minimally competent the organization can be to max his profits.. LOL.

He has the algorithm well-tuned on the West Side.

I pray the next owners are affluent sportsmen. It would be a first in the White Sox storied history.

Great post!

The Sox have a 10 month payment plan option. Which means you can stretch your payments until JULY 2020(December there is no payment due). 

As for the price increase? The 2018 ticket had a TWELVE PERCENT INCREASE DUE TO THE SOX CHARGING TAX ON YOUR TICKETS ABOVE FACE VALUE. which means that your $10 ticket is now 11.20 instead of 8.90 plus tax. 

On 9/4/2019 at 11:44 AM, Tony said:

If they have a big offseason, I don't think many will be upset with the ticket increases. 

If they fail(again), it's somehow going to get uglier than it's been in a while. 

They are undoubtedly building the war chest for a huge offseason.  Stay positive.

On 9/3/2019 at 11:35 AM, palehose1 said:

actually it is an increase of about 8% because we only get 80 games not 81 (Field of Dreams game is an MLB event)