Sox at Tribe

ScootsMcGoots

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Faster runner scores on a more shallow sac fly. did you forget how many outs there were ?

The difference between mendick and collins is probably near zero; the likelihood of Collins getting up again with he sox only having a 1 run lead is far greater than the chance that mendicks "speed" scores where collins doesn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The difference between mendick and collins is probably near zero; the likelihood of Collins getting up again with he sox only having a 1 run lead is far greater than the chance that mendicks "speed" scores where collins doesn't.

Oh you mean like .1 to .3 seconds on a play doesn't make a difference ever ? Give me a break.

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I thought Parkman has already admitted he could’ve been wrong about Collins after he went back down to AAA, changed his stance, and started to tear it up?

He's changed his mind so much about players when he says his "hot takes" it's hard to keep up. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I thought Parkman has already admitted he could’ve been wrong about Collins after he went back down to AAA, changed his stance, and started to tear it up?

That's called "getting ahead of it".

He got called out after Collins start raking and tried to change his position.  Because apparently 20 something year olds with long swings are unable to shorten up.

Edited by BackDoorBreach
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

That's called "getting ahead of it".

He got called out after Collins start raking and tried to change his position.  Because apparently 20 something year olds with long swings are unable to shorten up.

True, but Collins did make a big change.  He is crouching much more in his stance which shrunk his strike zone a bit and it’s also helping him lay off the high heat.  This change along with his already amazing patience will hopefully lead to continued success.  I’m sure Parkman is happy to be wrong.

The funny thing is we still don’t know if he can catch on a consistent basis because he hasn’t had the opportunity but his bat looks like it has potential.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 2

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

True, but Collins did make a big change.  He is crouching much more in his stance which shrunk his strike zone a bit and it’s also helping him lay off the high heat.  This change along with his already amazing patience will hopefully lead to continued success.  I’m sure Parkman is happy to be wrong.

Right, but it was silly in the first place to write him off because of a mechanical issue.  It was something easily fixable.

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Right, but it was silly in the first place to write him off because of a mechanical issue.  It was something easily fixable.

It's not like Parkman was ever the 1st one on Soxtalk to think a prospect had no chance at being a productive major league player. Look how many think Rutherford will never make it or any of the Sox OF prospects.