And That's a Future of the White Sox Winner !

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

43 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Eloy 2 HR's, and a double. , Moncada 3 walks. Cease 11 K's in 6,2 innings. Collins a triple and a walk, McCann hits a game tying 3 run HR. Bummer pitches great . Sox come back from late 3 run deficit to win 6-5.

I wanna hear why Cease was so good. So encouraging. Really encouraging. I know, it's probably just him getting used to this level. A big night for Rick Hahn. He looks like a genius with Eloy, Moncada, Cease, Collins, etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Great game.  This will be the most important Sox offseason in years.

2 SP

RF

C

RP

Manager

Nice post. I'd go with 2 RP. I trust Colome. Bummer is pretty good. Herrera is not that good. What manager gets to work with this team? If you get rid of Ricky, it's Omar. Wouldn't you rather let Ricky start the season if the alternative is Omar?

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Nice post. I'd go with 2 RP. I trust Colome. Bummer is pretty good. Herrera is not that good. What manager gets to work with this team? If you get rid of Ricky, it's Omar. Wouldn't you rather let Ricky start the season if the alternative is Omar?

Sorry, agreed.  I meant RP plural.

And just because I want a new manager doesn’t mean I want Omar.  But you are unfortunately likely right about Omar.  Doesn’t mean it’s the correct decision though.  But if I have to choose, I’d probably take the Devil I don’t know in Omar over the Devil I do know in Ricky.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Nights like this is why I simply don't miss DC's starts. Yea, he has had some really rough games this year, but he has also not always had great defense, has had some tough luck and yes has also struggled himself at times, but tonight reminds us he is an elite talent with incredible potential. His command still lags right now, but the very moment he can clean that up you are looking at a bonafide ace. The question is will he clean it up and how much? Still fun when he's dealing like he was tonight.

18 minutes ago, Tony said:

No he doesn’t 

Agreed.

Greg, trading for known top prospects is a no-brainer.  The credit for Hahn should be in locking up Sale and Quintana to such desirable and inexpensive long-term deals when he did.  This made Sale and Q extremely high valued in the trade market.  Also, he definitely waited for his price on Q.  That was a smart move.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, Tony said:

He took over in 2013 and the Sox have never once had a winning record. He gets credit for very little at this point. 

Hahn wanted to rebuild from the start and Kenny kept acquiring veteran stop-gaps.  It’s all Kenny’s fault and only his fault.  😉

Honestly though, I’m pretty sure we can all agree that there are no more excuses for Hahn starting this upcoming offseason and the 2020 season.  He needs to nail this offseason and the Sox need to finish 2020 with a winning record and a legitimate shot at the postseason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Wishful thinking on the Manager. 

Should it happen?  “Most definitely”, to quote The Big Hurt.

Will it happen or do I expect it to happen?  Nope.

I can’t even fathom someone trying to defend Ricky keeping his job as manager beyond this season.  I would think after watching the countless awful managing decisions he has made, this would be universally agreed upon by now.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

3 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Hahn wanted to rebuild from the start and Kenny kept acquiring veteran stop-gaps.  It’s all Kenny’s fault and only his fault.  😉

Honestly though, I’m pretty sure we can all agree that there are no more excuses for Hahn starting this upcoming offseason and the 2020 season.  He needs to nail this offseason and the Sox need to finish 2020 with a winning record and a legitimate shot at the postseason.

I don't know how much of this losing is Kenny's fault, but you are absolutely right about the offseason.  The losing needs to stop, and some real moves need to be made. By now the FO has to know how the rebuild has shaped up and what to do next. No more talking about patience. No more trading for prospects. No more lecturing fans. Time to turn this corner already. 

The lead-off home run scared me, but Cease settled down and pitched very well.  He was locating his fastball which allowed him to throw some really nasty breaking balls for swings and misses or locking up hitters.  I think he should have been given the opportunity to get the third out in the seventh.  Once Marshall came in and fell behind 2-0, it was pretty easy to see a big hit coming.  The 11 strikeouts were really nice.  Quite the performance.

Eloy is showing what type of hitter he's going to be.  His second home run was effortless, and he hit two balls to center well over 400 feet.

McCann once again saved the day.  I think the extra rest he's gotten lately has paid off.

Collins' triple would have been a home run in a lot of ballparks, but his first career triple was nice to see.  I hope he gets plenty of opportunities this month.