Official Game Thread Sox @ CLE - 09/04/19

BackDoorBreach

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Nova is throwing batting practice tonight. Hell no to bringing him back 

He has reverted to his slow down the game mode.  Just hate pitchers who do that.  Fulmer does the same thing.  The more they pitch like crap the slower they go.

Just now, poppysox said:

He has reverted to his slow down the game mode.  Just hate pitchers who do that.  Fulmer does the same thing.  The more they pitch like crap the slower they go.

It’s because there are runners on base. Of course he’s faster when he’s shutting down the other team.

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

I predict Leury isn’t brought back and Yolmer is.  This almost happened last offseason.

This would make zero sense.  The Sox will need to fill both CF and 2B until both Robert and Madrigal are called up a couple weeks into the season.  Leury has more value than Yolmer and will also be much cheaper.  The Sox will have Leury and Mendick as bench players.  I am confident that Yolmer will be gone.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, fathom said:

It’s because there are runners on base. Of course he’s faster when he’s shutting down the other team.

When he is going good he pitches with aggression and is anxious to get after it.  Going slow he totally loses that I'm in charge attitude pitchers need.  Gio for example doesn't slow down to a crawl when he's in a jam.  

13 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Probably not.  He's going to be around 2 bWAR.

You have Madrigal, who’s going to be your long term second baseman waiting in the wings. I predict that the sox will lock him up to a long term extension in spring training and he’s with the club on OD. 

You have Mendick who offers more position flexibility and is a cheaper option. 

I don’t see a a 2020 team with Yolmer on it. 

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Palka wasn't great but he went from being the guy with one of the highest exit velos in baseball to looking like Billy Hamilton with the bat. He hasn't hit a ball hard all year.

My Ga Tech boys, Skole and Palka, are the low exit velocity twins