Official Game Thread Sox @ CLE - 09/04/19

BackDoorBreach

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

Camera showed him apologizing to Eloy in the dugout.

I don't think I've ever seen a plauer cost his own teammate AND himself an RBI in a season before. I still remember him running past Timmy after his homerun.

• Haha 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

I don't think I've ever seen a plauer cost his own teammate AND himself an RBI in a season before. I still remember him running past Timmy after his homerun.

Watch more baseball in the Sox organization.  You wont be disappointed.  Base running I don't think is even coached.  I watched Zavala kill a rally last week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Watch more baseball in the Sox organization.  You wont be disappointed.  Base running I don't think is even coached.  I watched Zavala kill a rally last week.

Watched plenty for 25+ years lol. I've seen one or the other multiple times, not one player do both. It's unbelievable actually. 

Edited by SoxAce

I think I understand why Abreu  got a lead off third instead of tagging as he would have on a fly ball.

First, his run meant nothing.  Yes. Moncada advancing to third behind him would have been t significant BUT Moncada didn't tag  if you look at the replay

Moncada not only did not tag, but he almost made it to third base and had to scoot back to not be doubled up.

Abreu saw Moncada  coming hard to third and that may have caused Abreu to take a lead off third rather than tagging up.

Fan hindsight is 20/20  but I can see a lot of players doing what Abreu and Moncada did in that situation.

These things happen especially when there is an unexpected play like the catch on that Eloy missile.  No reason trolling Abreu. He is an excellent player and the Sox would not have been in the game without his home run and single.

• Haha 1

If Moncada tagged up at second  Abreu would have probably tagged up at third.   However, Moncada didn't tag up at second probably  because he would have been the tying run and wanted to try to score if the ball was dropped.

A few cheap shots at these players so I am glad to be among those who defend them.

Edited by tray

8 hours ago, whitesoxbrad said:

That play by abreu sums up what this organization is from top to bottom.

This organization is just fundamentally bad.  Just about every pop up is a circus, bad approaches at the plate as they never fight off or take pitcher pitches, look at Anderson's defense, it is not getting better or Eloy's.  

I( ma not certain this organization is doing anything to improve their player development.

• Like 1

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

This organization is just fundamentally bad.  Just about every pop up is a circus, bad approaches at the plate as they never fight off or take pitcher pitches, look at Anderson's defense, it is not getting better or Eloy's.  

I( ma not certain this organization is doing anything to improve their player development.

Besides both runners screwing up, where was the 3rd base coach???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

Besides both runners screwing up, where was the 3rd base coach???

I don't know what the third base coach was doing, but there is no reason for Abreu doing what he did. It makes no sense. A veteran player shouldn't do things like this.

As bad as this play was, I don't think it cost the Sox the game. The outfield play of Garcia and Palka certainly didn't help any.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

What do you know someone who knows what they are talking about, thank you.