For the Coop Haters

BamaDoc

2 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Thats fine but my comment jived with the original post. 

The original  post?  Somehow this morphed into "what are your expectations for/during year three of the rebuild and (like nearly every thread) management sucks".  Night all. I give up

12 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

This narrative is already beaten like a dead horse. But I guess I'll keep beating it. It's year 3 of the rebuild. What did you think this year was going to look like? Hahn himself said at the beginning of the season that the success of 2019 will not be measured by wins and losses, but by the progress made by our core pieces. I would say we have seen that, and this year has been pretty successful by that measure.

Reinsdorf has been in a perpetual state of rebuilding since he bought this team in 1981 team for peanuts - the only way he could have.  Then he got into game and realized he was way out of his league competing with owners with REAL money.

Even now he would have to sell off his sports assets to even come anywhere close to that paper billionaire status he currently enjoys.

The next owners have to be affluent sportsmen for this organization to be the major market juggernaut they should have always been. 

The Chicago American League Ballclub has not exactly been historically blessed with stellar ownership. Their fleeting success has come despite ownership/management.

Had they been better equipped to deal with the Yankees offensively, some of those 26 world series championships they have would belong to us.

The White Sox had stellar pitching throughout the years. 

Unfortunately, this is an organization which has never been to post season in two consecutive seasons. The closest they came was 1917 and 1919.

Edited by GradMc

3 hours ago, GradMc said:

Reinsdorf has been in a perpetual state of rebuilding since he bought this team in 1981 team for peanuts - the only way he could have.  Then he got into game and realized he was way out of his league competing with owners with REAL money.

Even now he would have to sell off his sports assets to even come anywhere close to that paper billionaire status he currently enjoys.

The next owners have to be affluent sportsmen for this organization to be the major market juggernaut they should have always been. 

The Chicago American League Ballclub has not exactly been historically blessed with stellar ownership. Their fleeting success has come despite ownership/management.

Had they been better equipped to deal with the Yankees offensively, some of those 26 world series championships they have would belong to us.

Unfortunately, this is an organization which has never been to post season in two consecutive seasons. The closest they came was 1917 and 1919.

And they are trying to change it. Holy shit you people live in a miserable world. Try looking ahead to the positives that we can see coming to fruition in this team. Everyone knows how bad this team's history is when it comes to winning championships. They are trying to change the narrative with sustained long term winning and the front office has made it clear that is what they are trying to do. Should we trust them to do it. Are they the right ones to? Who the hell knows. Yall would say based on track records no. I say this is the first time the team has rebuilt intentionally like this and give them a chance. You cannot with 100 percent certainty say that this front office screwed the rebuild up unless this team doesn't win a championship in 2-4 years. You just can't. You can doubt, that's fine, but I choose to have hope. This management did win one championship when all others failed. They can do it again.

8 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

The original  post?  Somehow this morphed into "what are your expectations for/during year three of the rebuild and (like nearly every thread) management sucks".  Night all. I give up

Yeah, exactly, my comment basically agreed with what Gio said and someone else took it to the level that you suggested it turned in to about management. It's ad nauseam 

16 hours ago, ptatc said:

I would disagree that free agency is the exam. The only exam that matters is the results in wins and loses. They need to be competitive next year and challenging for the playoffs in 2021. I dont care how they get there. If their evaluation is that they have it the system, fine. However the results need to start showing next year.

Two quality starters plus right fielder and DH.  Beef up the pen a bit and we compete in 2020.  We have more raw talent than any year I can remember.  I do believe a change in manager and coaches might be needed to get the most out of the kids.  Robert and Madrigal along with competent RF and DH turns the lineup into a powerhouse.

19 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

There is more in the article then I felt comfortable quoting since it is a pay site.  I had a different take after reading the entirety of the article.  Dang people sorry I tried to bring information to a year long discussion where most people are "reading between the lines" or "interpreting".  Read it all before jumping to conclusions unless you are determined to keep your narratives.  Are we league leaders, I doubt it, but I was happy to get some look at what they are doing and happy we are not ignoring technology.  At the risk of copying to much another Gio quote

I’m learning all this stuff from Has and Coop. Whereas maybe a couple years ago I would talk to (Danny) Farquhar, look things up on my own but I didn’t really know what I was looking at. Now it’s all in-house.”

Integration is key to analytics. You have to work within the system. Scoffing at fossils is futile and childish. Soxorg is not going to expel Coop so you build from there. 

7 hours ago, GradMc said:

No post season in 1918. Flu epidemic.

22 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

From today's Athletic article by Fegan.  Mods delete if I copied to much but a very interesting read.  I was impressed and sometimes people make assumptions without information, we all do.  Most coaches don't become great or idiots overnight.  Sometimes the talent you have to work with makes a difference also.

The Rapsodo is a great tool for designing pitches and helping to see the direct effects of the pitch instead of just asking the catcher, so how did it move.   They should have Hittrax or the Rapsodo hitting unit in the cages as well.