New Sox Uniform Logo Next Year

palehose1

Sox are going to use the script "White Sox" in black and silver on the chest of the alternative uniforms. Looks similar to the script logo the Sox wore in 1987-1990 when they used blue and red.

http://www.transformmagazine.net/articles/2019/new-white-sox-logo-goes-the-distance/

Seems OK. I like the sleeveless vests on occasion, wish that was still an option....

1 hour ago, palehose1 said:

Sox are going to use the script "White Sox" in black and silver on the chest of the alternative uniforms. Looks similar to the script logo the Sox wore in 1987-1990 when they used blue and red.

http://www.transformmagazine.net/articles/2019/new-white-sox-logo-goes-the-distance/

Seems OK. I like the sleeveless vests on occasion, wish that was still an option....

SAME

19 hours ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Yeah, is this real? They're just showing the Players Weekend jerseys. I can't imagine they would continue to trot those out as they were roundly panned.

If it's just the script/font used and it's added to a white jersey, sure, I guess, whatever. Still don't buy it.

Wasn't it the white jerseys that everyone hated though (including myself)? I thought the black unis with the Sox looked great. I for one really like the new design, it's simple but it works. Unique too.

Why ever move away from the old English sox logo?  It's a bonafide classic.  

This doesn't appear to be real though.  The obvious thing, of course, is the fact they keep referring to the "logo" but in reality it's a typeface or a word mark...

Add to that this is posted by a draft pick and not reported by any Chicago media.

I don't hate the typeface as a backup for the old English sox logo, but not permanent.

Edited by Eloy Jiménez
  • Thanks 1

This time a decade ago the Sox were wearing the black tops for well over half of all games. I then got the impression that someone noticed and said something, because they then went back to using it as an ALTERNATE rather sparingly. Last year or two it's been all black all the time again. I just don't understand why you'd wear them more than once or twice a week when our whites and grays are both so good.

Edited by 3GamesToLove

On 9/6/2019 at 4:49 PM, MiddleCoastBias said:

Yeah, is this real? They're just showing the Players Weekend jerseys. I can't imagine they would continue to trot those out as they were roundly panned.

If it's just the script/font used and it's added to a white jersey, sure, I guess, whatever. Still don't buy it.

Sox basically had the only good players weekend look, would be better with white/gray pants.

That being said, the Sox logo is classic. Maybe do this as an alternate away jersey, but I'd leave the home alternate alone.

On 9/6/2019 at 3:49 PM, TheTruth05 said:

I'm beyond done with the 83 unis so if this replaces them it'd be a welcome change.

Too bad there is not a downvote option on this site. Those uniforms are the best and they should make alternate black ones for road games.

Edited by JuliusO1274

10 hours ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Too bad there is not a downvote option on this site. Those uniforms are the best and they should make alternate black ones for road games.

No way.  The 80s logos are dated.  It was cute for a while, but the current look is a modern classic.

The 05 team wore the modern look.  It should stay.

• Like 2

Nike is taking over the uniforms next season so if they are going to make some sort of switch, now might be the time. But their current logo is so important to them, they ditched the sock on the road sleeve several years ago.  I find it hard to believe that this thing makes it on a uniform. 

I have nothing against the black tops except that they wear them far too often. 

Edited by Dick Allen

2 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

No way.  The 80s logos are dated.  It was cute for a while, but the current look is a modern classic.

The 05 team wore the modern look.  It should stay.

I was never a fan of those uniforms. They always looked like space suits to me, but once every other week is OK. Adds a little color. Black, white and a touch of silver gets a little boring after a while, especially with a bad team. 

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Nike is taking over the uniforms next season so if they are going to make some sort of switch, now might be the time. But their current logo is so important to them, they ditched the sock on the road sleeve several years ago.  I find it hard to believe that this thing makes it on a uniform. 

I have nothing against the black tops except that they wear them far too often. 

I wish they would bring the diamond sick back on the road greys. I hate how they slapped the Sox old English logo on the sleeve. It looks very out of place to me.

• Like 2