GT - (9/6) White Sox vs Angels, 7:10 pm, NBCSC+

SoxAce

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Gio with another great outing, that second run is on Abreu.

Just rewound it and watched it slowly. You're right. Abreu should of got that.

I wonder if Gio was mad at himself or Abreu? He still looked pissed coming off the mound to end the inning.

1 hour ago, The Sir said:

Seriously. We think our organization is a mess, but the Angels are far worse.

They've got one of the best players in baseball history, and in his eight years with the team, they've put up a winning record thrice and only went to the playoffs once (and got swept right out). Pujols went from being one of baseball's greats to being atrocious for pretty much his entire time with the team. Upton fell off a cliff, Ohtani's been unremarkable, and after Adell, their farm system has nothing.

I'm still sore at them for trying to put some sort of asterisk on our success even though they got destroyed in the 2005 ALCS, so I don't feel bad about it at all.

Check out how they fared in FA last offseason . Every one of the players has a negative WAR. They make Hahn look almost competent.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Makes the fact that the Sox rank among the bottom of the league in homers even harder to grasp.

Was thinking today they would have had about 80 more homers if they landed Manny, Joc and Cruz this offseason as opposed to playing Yolmer, Jay and Alonso.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Wow what a bad pitch from Colome. His stuff has sure been flat since the trade deadline. No chance in the world can you go into next year with him as the closer.

Non-tender candidate? I get why they didn't trade him but it's looking like a bad decision. 

I thought they should have seriously considered moving Bummer as well. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1