The Free Agent I want to sign more than any other

vilehoopster

4 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

A manager of that caliber will want full control over the selection of his staff. Reinsdorf will insist on retaining Cooper which would be a non-starter.

Of course it's a moot point because Reinsdorf doesn't believe managers have much impact on-field outcomes - translation: he ain't paying the type of money required to lure Girardi.

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 1

What happened to the title of this thread?

When I posted this thread, I did not have my name in the title. My original title post was something like:  "The Free Agent I want to sign more than any other" and the post was just two words:  Joe Girardi

So the thread title was changed without my consent (but with my name still attached) to "Vile Hoopster wants the Sox to sign . . "

How was that done?  Why was that done? Was my name put in the title in the third person to hurt my credibility? Plus the two word statement makes no sense with the thread title the way it is. Antoher attack on my credibility as a poster.  Why and how was this done, again without my consent when my name is attached to the thread

I'm not very happy about this. 

Edited by vilehoopster
misspelled word

Can anyone offer any insight or explain how  or why the title of this thread was changed without my consent?

Has this happened to anyone else on this board? Have you ever submitted a comment or thread and had your words altered and changed without you knowing about it until you read it the next day?

Does the administrators have to be the one doing it?

Why would they do it?

7 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Can anyone offer any insight or explain how  or why the title of this thread was changed without my consent?

Has this happened to anyone else on this board? Have you ever submitted a comment or thread and had your words altered and changed without you knowing about it until you read it the next day?

Does the administrators have to be the one doing it?

Why would they do it?

What was your original title?

Glad to hear you didn't change it. I was going to say, I wonder about people who talk about themselves in the third person.

That said, I don't want Girardi. Wasn't he known to not work well with youngsters, which is what our whole rebuild is about? But yeah, I'd love to see Ricky replaced, though it doesn't look good.

31 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

What happened to the title of this thread?

When I posted this thread, I did not have my name in the title. My original title post was something like:  "The Free Agent I want to sign more than any other" and the post was just two words:  Joe Girardi

So the thread title was changed without my consent (but with my name still attached) to "Vile Hoopster wants the Sox to sign . . "

How was that done?  Why was that done? Was my name put in the title in the third person to hurt my credibility? Plus the two word statement makes no sense with the thread title the way it is. Antoher attack on my credibility as a poster.  Why and how was this done, again without my consent when my name is attached to the thread

I'm not very happy about this. 

Your original post indicated you wanted people to know that the thread was about your idea, so your name got slapped in the title. Girardi got put in so people could see the thread subject before posting in it.

Don't do clickbait thread titles.

44 minutes ago, Quin said:

Your original post indicated you wanted people to know that the thread was about your idea, so your name got slapped in the title. Girardi got put in so people could see the thread subject before posting in it.

Don't do clickbait thread titles.

So, are you the one that changed the title?  That just put my name in it in the 3rd person without my consent?

I did do the title without Girardi's name in an attempt to make people wonder and read the thread. To a degree, it was clickbait. But it was clearly stated as from Vilehoopster. 

To create a book title or newspaper or thread title that creates interest and makes people want to read it, that's called good writing. 

To be a forum administrator and change someone's words without their consent, that's called unethical. 

9 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

So, are you the one that changed the title?  That just put my name in it in the 3rd person without my consent?

I did do the title without Girardi's name in an attempt to make people wonder and read the thread. To a degree, it was clickbait. But it was clearly stated as from Vilehoopster. 

To create a book title or newspaper or thread title that creates interest and makes people want to read it, that's called good writing. 

To be a forum administrator and change someone's words without their consent, that's called unethical. 

So it was intentionally spam. Got it. 

I'll change it back because this is clearly so important to you, but just know that for hours no one replied to your thread before I changed the title because no one knew the contents.

1 hour ago, vilehoopster said:

It's a dumb title on a fucking message board, get over yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

I have to agree with you.  ARe you supposed to make a title intentionally boring so it's not click worthy. Calling something clickbait on here is comical. I read most threads regardless of the title . Nothing here is clickbait. Our titles are not generating the thread starter any revenue.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1