Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SouthWallace

9/8 | LAAAAAA @ Sox | Barria vs Cease | 1:10pm

Recommended Posts

LAASWCUSANANWQESSOSMWLGVSCU

You'd have to be an astronomy buff like I am to get most of this. 

Props to anyone else who gets it. 

Everyone knows what LAA means, so I'll explain the rest. 

SWC=Southwest California 

USA=obvious

NA=North America 

NWQ=Northwest quadrant 

E=Earth

SS= Solar System 

OS= Orion Spur(the solar system's location in the galaxy) 

MW=Milky Way

LG= Local Group 

VSC= Virgo Supercluster

U= Universe

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

LAASWCUSANANWQESSOSMWLGVSCU

You'd have to be an astronomy buff like I am to get most of this. 

Props to anyone else who gets it. 

Everyone knows what LAA means, so I'll explain the rest. 

SWC=Southwest California 

USA=obvious

NA=North America 

NWQ=Northwest quadrant 

E=Earth

SS= Solar System 

OS= Orion Spur(the solar system's location in the galaxy) 

MW=Milky Way

LG= Local Group 

VSC= Virgo Supercluster

U= Universe

Is this some sort of common joke about the Angels’ name, or did you invent it so you could let us all know how smart you are?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Is this some sort of common joke about the Angels’ name, or did you invent it so you could let us all know how smart you are?

This was a common joke that we used to do on WSI about 10 years ago. It started out as LAASWCUSA but it became this, the joke was to be as specific as possible about the location of Anaheim, CA. It started on WSI. I didn't even come up with it. It was a couple posters on WSI named kittle42 and voodoochile. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone is at a team park you can get a very specific coordinate entering 'my location' at searchqueen.com or any well-known search engine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs to find something more effective than the curve to lefties.  Also, might want to get him a LHP opener 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fathom said:

He needs to find something more effective than the curve to lefties.  Also, might want to get him a LHP opener 

Dude according to you, everyone needs an opener. That's not how you develop pitchers. 

Why the hell doesn't he throw the change more vs. Lefties? It worked really well vs. The Indians. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Dude according to you, everyone needs an opener. That's not how you develop pitchers. 

Pretty sure he’s the only one I’ve said that about, but go ahead and believe I said that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Pretty sure he’s the only one I’ve said that about, but go ahead and believe I said that.

You've said it about Lopez as well. You say it about any young pitcher that struggles. You said it about Giolito in 2018 too. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Parkman said:

You've said it about Lopez as well. 

Nope, actually disagreed when someone mentioned it. It wouldn’t make sense for Lopez, as he has trouble at the beginning with his velocity so the same would happen no matter when he pitches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

3 walks, a hit, a run and 30+ pitches.  Woof

Not many competitive pitches, especially breaking pitches.  He’s actually doing his best Fulmer impression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

Nope, actually disagreed when someone mentioned it. It wouldn’t make sense for Lopez, as he has trouble at the beginning with his velocity so the same would happen no matter when he pitches. 

You said it about Giolito in 2018. Again, that's not how you develop pitchers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Sir said:

Is this some sort of common joke about the Angels’ name, or did you invent it so you could let us all know how smart you are?

I can't figure out if it's the most unfunny joke I've ever seen or the second most unfunny joke I've ever seen.

Edited by soxfan49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

The first inning woes continue for Cease.

Another Sox starter not ready in the first inning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×