9/8 | LAAAAAA @ Sox | Barria vs Cease | 1:10pm

Tnetennba

52 minutes ago, pcq said:

Jose September stud. 

Jose is finishing so strong a lot of you may get your wish and he'll be gone. 31 homers. 112 RBI, this guy may be earning a multi year deal from somebody and it obviously won't be with the Sox. Congrats Jose. You have helped make the price of admission worth it in this awful season. ANOTHER DINGER FOR JOSE! Nice blast, baby!

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

So this is shaping up to be the opposite of a good tank loss :)

At  this point any win is a good win.  I mean Cease didn't go 5 but also only gave up the 1 run, Mendick 1st career HR and another hit and Eloy a double, Did Eloy hit a double then not advance to 3rd on theMcCann single  to right ? How does that happen ?

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

At  this point any win is a good win.  I mean Cease didn't go 5 but also only gave up the 1 run, Mendick 1st career HR and another hit and Eloy a double, Did Eloy hit a double then not advance to 3rd on theMcCann single  to right ? How does that happen ?

It was almost caught.  Eloy had to hold up. 

2 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Matt Skole still getting ABs is atrocious.

I think what the Sox are doing is letting some of these guys play themselves off the 40-man roster.  This way the Sox  will be comfortable in knowing that there is no doubt that they will never be any good.

This applies to current players Skole, Palka, Detwiler, Covey, and Osich.  I believe it is also applied to former players Alonso, Reed, and Rondon.

Just now, bubba phillips said:

I think what the Sox are doing is letting some of these guys play themselves off the 40-man roster.  This way the Sox  will be comfortable in knowing that there is no doubt that they will never be any good.

This applies to current players Skole, Palka, Detwiler, Covey, and Osich.  I believe it is also applied to former players Alonso, Reed, and Rondon.

Most have already played themselves off the roster. How much bad do you have to see ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Why don't I remember that? I stand uncorrected. 

No, you stand corrected

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nothing, but i'm surprised that they didn't do that to the Sox once. 

Well your comment was that the only reason the Sox won a few games vs HOU was because they didn't face Verlander or Cole while referencing a box score where they scored 21. The two aren't correlated

• Like 1