9/8 | LAAAAAA @ Sox | Barria vs Cease | 1:10pm

Tnetennba

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Most have already played themselves off the roster. How much bad do you have to see ?

I have this fear our eyes are less tolerant than the organization's.   Some of those guys will be back in AAA only to haunt us again.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Jose is finishing so strong a lot of you may get your wish and he'll be gone. 31 homers. 112 RBI, this guy may be earning a multi year deal from somebody and it obviously won't be with the Sox. Congrats Jose. You have helped make the price of admission worth it in this awful season. ANOTHER DINGER FOR JOSE! Nice blast, baby!

17 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Why wasn’t Mendick up much sooner?  Ridiculous considering how bad Yolmer was.  Hopefully, Mendick tears it up the rest of the way and allows us to save $6 million by not bringing back Gatorade man.

Did you hear what Steve Stone said during the game? Yolmer is by far the best 2B in baseball with the glove. I did not know this. It makes more sense now. He's blowing away the rest of the 2B in metrics. He's basically Jason Heyward but at 2B. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Did you hear what Steve Stone said during the game? Yolmer is by far the best 2B in baseball with the glove. I did not know this. It makes more sense now. He's blowing away the rest of the 2B in metrics. He's basically Jason Heyward but at 2B. 

That’s just fine and dandy but Heyward’s bat has actually improved this year.  Steve Stone must be fine with a .644 OPS at 2B.  I’m not.

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I hope so.  Modern day Nellie Fox.

Are you guys assuming that Robert will bat leadoff?  Wouldn’t it make more sense for Madrigal to bat leadoff with Robert batting second?  Someone on base for Robert to drive in via the long ball?  I’m assuming when the Sox have these two guys in the lineup that they won’t be doing stupid things like bunting and playing for one run.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Are you guys assuming that Robert will bat leadoff?  Wouldn’t it make more sense for Madrigal to bat leadoff with Robert batting second?  Someone on base for Robert to drive in via the long ball?  I’m assuming when the Sox have these two guys in the lineup that they won’t be doing stupid things like bunting and playing for one run.

No, they'll still do it. It's the White Sox way. 

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Why wasn’t Mendick up much sooner?  Ridiculous considering how bad Yolmer was.  Hopefully, Mendick tears it up the rest of the way and allows us to save $6 million by not bringing back Gatorade man.

Not to be the board's hall monitor in pointing out  stuff but cmon, Gatorade Man? Either you are kidding or you don't think there should be fun in baseball. Yolmer is who he is. One of the worst players on one of the 10 worst teams in the league. He's OK. And I like the Gatorade dumping on himself.

Robert = Soriano

Let Madrigal bat 2nd with the opportunity to work his magic- hit the ball the opposite way to move Robert from 2nd to 3rd. Never strikes out.

That's the way I imagine it, although I understand your line of thinking in terms of having someone on for Robert

McCann and Anderson will be on base for Robert to drive in. Our lineup will be so good, that they’ll be batting 8th and 9th. 

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Not to be the board's hall monitor in pointing out  stuff but cmon, Gatorade Man? Either you are kidding or you don't think there should be fun in baseball. Yolmer is who he is. One of the worst players on one of the 10 worst teams in the league. He's OK. And I like the Gatorade dumping on himself.

He’s bad and won’t be worth the $5 or $6 million he will cost.  The Gatorade act isn’t worth that much money.  Mendick can replace him for a very low cost and I’m sure he can dump a jug of Gatorade on his head just as well.

38 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Robert = Soriano

Let Madrigal bat 2nd with the opportunity to work his magic- hit the ball the opposite way to move Robert from 2nd to 3rd. Never strikes out.

That's the way I imagine it, although I understand your line of thinking in terms of having someone on for Robert

The Robert/Soriano comparison is probably accurate, but only at the plate. Robert has the ability to be a plus defender in CF. Soriano was awful defensively everywhere he played. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Robert/Soriano comparison is probably accurate, but only at the plate. Robert has the ability to be a plus defender in CF. Soriano was awful defensively everywhere he played. 

I seem to remember him only being good in LF cuz he had a great arm.