Sign in to follow this  
CaliSoxFanViaSWside

And That's a Mendick Impersonates Timmy White Sox Winner !

Danny Mendick went 2/5 playing SS and also hit his 1st career ML HR to power the Sox to a 5-1 win over the Angels.

Timmy got the day off .

Cease started, but due to a high number of pitches, because of 5 walks, he only lasted 3.1 innings . He did K 4 and got out of a couple of big jams.

:gosox3:

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Danny Mendick went 2/5 playing SS and also hit his 1st career ML HR to power the Sox to a 5-1 win over the Angels.

Timmy got the day off .

Cease started, but due to a high number of pitches, because of 5 walks, he only lasted 3.1 innings . He did K 4 and got out of a couple of big jams.

:gosox3:

Great win. Good story on Cease's outing. He knows he has to throw strikes.    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/dylan-ceases-latest-outing-short-and-not-very-sweet-its-another-chapter-where-he-needs-be

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

How did he look defensively at SS?

Good enough to back up the position next year.

I am hoping Mendick continues to play well and replaces Sanchez in '20. He can be the starting 2nd baseman until we bring up Madrigal. Then he moves to the bench and subs for SS, 2nd, and 3rd.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

How did he look defensively at SS?

There was one play where on a routine grounder he took too long to throw. Might've had a problem getting a grip on the ball and batter was called safe at first. Sox reviewed it and  the call was overturned. Everything else couldn't tell you since I only see highlights.

Mendick doesn’t have the range or the arm to be an everyday SS, but he is a fundamentally sound defender that makes the plays he is supposed to make.

12 hours ago, Capital G said:

I am hoping Mendick continues to play well and replaces Sanchez in '20. He can be the starting 2nd baseman until we bring up Madrigal. Then he moves to the bench and subs for SS, 2nd, and 3rd.

I like your thinking.  Saves about 5 million to be used in a more effective way than overpaying Sanchez.