Could the White Sox hire Dave Dombrowski?

gusguyman

9 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

I wouldn’t want DD leading my team’s baseball ops dept if I were an owner. His willingness to trade top prospects and his reluctance to analytics would eliminate him from consideration but he would still be someone that I’d want contributing to team in some way, I’d still want his opinions on players and free agents. 

He may very well feel that being a special assistant is beneath him. 

And it doesn't pay as well.

It appears the Bosox will at a minimum be retooling on the fly and moving forward without JDM. Could leave some room on the stage for other teams who are ready to step up and compete. Boston will be hard-pressed to spend more with the largest payroll around. The money spent on Sale and Eovaldi is not looking like a good investment right now. Betts is not sticking around for a home team deal but will go on the market next year. Big spending does not always turn out well. 

2 hours ago, pcq said:

It appears the Bosox will at a minimum be retooling on the fly and moving forward without JDM. Could leave some room on the stage for other teams who are ready to step up and compete. Boston will be hard-pressed to spend more with the largest payroll around. The money spent on Sale and Eovaldi is not looking like a good investment right now. Betts is not sticking around for a home team deal but will go on the market next year. Big spending does not always turn out well. 

I think any of us would trade a place in payroll purgatory for a bit for 4 titles in 15 years, 2 of which came in the last 6 years.

19 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Hell no.  They paid too much money for good players and traded unproven players for proven players.  GM's who win the World Series are really just a bunch of dopes.  

They always  had one of the best farm systems that produced great talents from Pedroia to Betts. Their farm right now is in shambles and their big money acquisitions don’t look so great. Pointing that out doesn’t take away from their success. 🤷‍♂️

On 9/10/2019 at 5:40 PM, pcq said:

If Kenny-Hahn are adamant about turning Eloy into serviceable outfielder, they ought to bring in JDM to compensate during the times Eloy will be on the disabled list.  

Mookie Betts ?

Be still my beating heart.

Edited by GradMc

3 hours ago, oldsox said:

If Sox hire DD, Hawk will turn over in his urn before he even dies.

Back then, they should have fired Hawk and kept Dombrowski. Why Reinsdorf believed in and listened to Hawk is beyond me. Hawk in the FO was truly one of the dumbest moves of the White Sox ownership.