White Sox final win total

gusguyman

White Sox (63-80) are currently on pace to win 71.3 games, but the remaining schedule is not particularly daunting:

3 vs Royals

3 @ Mariners

3 @ Twins

3 @ Tigers

3 vs Indians

4 vs Tigers

The combined road opponent's winning percentage is 0.438, the home opponent's winning percentage is .403

I'm curious what ya'll think the final win total for the White Sox is, and in particular if they beat the original O/U (74.5 at most places, 76 at another).

Personally, I think we go 12-7 to get to 75 wins, showing once again that Vegas knows best.

20 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I said 70 before the season started so I’m sticking to it.

For someone who is usually an optimist, I'm shocked you are predicting a 7-12 slide against such an easy schedule to end the year, even if it is to keep with your original prediction.

On 9/12/2019 at 2:08 PM, zisk said:

I hope they get great play from Yoan,Eloy,Leury,Gio and Abreu. I hope Ricky and the other stiffs on the roster do

what they always do. Hopefully we hold onto a top 10 pick next year. Top 10's are still exempt from compensation .

Compensation only matters if we sign someone worth anything in free agency 😂. I love you positivity.

On 9/12/2019 at 8:08 AM, zisk said:

I hope they get great play from Yoan,Eloy,Leury,Gio and Abreu. I hope Ricky and the other stiffs on the roster do

what they always do. Hopefully we hold onto a top 10 pick next year. Top 10's are still exempt from compensation .

I don't think being in the top 10 matters anymore since the changes a couple of years ago? But please correct me if I'm wrong. 

From: https://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2016/11/30/breaking-down-mlbs-new-2017-21-collective-bargaining-agreement/#3168424811b9

Clubs signing a Free Agent subject to compensation will no longer forfeit a first round selection, but will be subject to the following:

• A non-market disqualified Revenue Sharing Payee Club shall forfeit its third highest remaining selection in the next Rule 4 Draft.
  • A Luxury Tax offender shall forfeit its second-highest and fifth-highest remaining selections in the next Rule 4 Draft and shall have its International Signing Bonus Pool (described below) reduced by $1,000,000 in the next full Signing Period.
  • All other Clubs shall forfeit their second-highest remaining selection in the next Rule 4 Draft and shall have their International Signing Bonus Pool reduced by $500,000 in the next full Signing Bonus Period. 
  • All forfeited International Signing Bonus Pool monies will be distributed equally among all other Clubs.  Competitive Balance Selections will be exempt from forfeiture.

36 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No longer sure they get to 70. I think they're going to shut Giolito and Cease down soon. Maybe Lopez too. 

I don't usually do this, but I agree, somewhat with Parkman. I don't think they will shut any pitchers down because of innings, but this team has shut down. 

All that shit about Ricky's Boys never quit. That is such bullshit. They quit all the time; and Ricky leads the way. 

This team has quit. Just mailing it. Tim trying to win batting title, and Abreu trying to win RBI title, but no one gives a shit about winning anymore. That especially includes the front office and the coaches/manager. 

Every time you see Covey starting, or Herrera or Fry come in, that is manager/coaches and front office quite obviously telling the fans and players that they don't give a shit about winning any longer. No Madrigal or Robert, the same thing. The players are aware of it, so they've all now quit on the season. 

I predict 71 wins, wouldn't be surprised if we don't reach 70, this after being only two games under .500 at all-star break. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I don't usually do this, but I agree, somewhat with Parkman. I don't think they will shut any pitchers down because of innings, but this team has shut down. 

All that shit about Ricky's Boys never quit. That is such bullshit. They quit all the time; and Ricky leads the way. 

This team has quit. Just mailing it. Tim trying to win batting title, and Abreu trying to win RBI title, but no one gives a shit about winning anymore. That especially includes the front office and the coaches/manager. 

Every time you see Covey starting, or Herrera or Fry come in, that is manager/coaches and front office quite obviously telling the fans and players that they don't give a shit about winning any longer. No Madrigal or Robert, the same thing. The players are aware of it, so they've all now quit on the season. 

I predict 71 wins, wouldn't be surprised if we don't reach 70, this after being only two games under .500 at all-star break. 

The final win total is completely irrelevant at this point.  Just short of 70 wins, just over - who cares!  

What matters now is officially moving out of “rebuild” mode and all of the losing that goes along with that, and transitioning into winning mode, and trying to compete for a championship.  

So let these remaining games play out however they do, and then let’s get to the offseason and the owner/FO’s plan to take us to the next level.  

Once and for all, let Reinsdorf and Williams/Hahn prove their mettle and worth by taking the core built through the rebuild and turning it into a sustainable and repeatable winning product on the field.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thad Bosley said:

The final win total is completely irrelevant at this point.  Just short of 70 wins, just over - who cares!  

What matters now is officially moving out of “rebuild” mode and all of the losing that goes along with that, and transitioning into winning mode, and trying to compete for a championship.  

So let these remaining games play out however they do, and then let’s get to the offseason and the owner/FO’s plan to take us to the next level.  

Once and for all, let Reinsdorf and Williams/Hahn prove their mettle and worth by taking the core built through the rebuild and turning it into a sustainable and repeatable winning product on the field.  

Exactly.  Hope the young guys continue to play well to the end and then let’s see if KW/Hahn can actually put together a productive offseason.  Winning a bunch of pointless games doesn’t really matter.