9/11 | Royals @ White Sox | Sparkman vs López | 7:10pm

Tnetennba

• bmags pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Hi I'm Reynaldo Lopez and I have no secondary pitches.

He had a bunch of swinging strikes on the slider already. He just hung that one. That being said, I disagree with the pitch selection to Soler. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Is there a game going on or to we have to wrap ourselves in 9/11 horse shit so Jason and Chuck can virtue signal all night?

FFS.  SPORTS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A DISTRACTION FROM THIS SHIT.

Lopez just served up a distraction.  2-0 KC

• Haha 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

He had a bunch of swinging strikes on the slider already. He just hung that one. That being said, I disagree with the pitch selection to Soler. 

just stop with the "pitch selection" excuse for Lopez.  He's a mediocre at best 5th starter who hasn't developed a lick since he came over.  He's the same fucking guy he was in Washington plus a more furrowed brow.  Maybe the light goes on next year but he's looking like a 5th/6th starter and bullpen guy long term.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Terrible pitch selection on 1 - 2 pitch.  Someone needs to change how Sox pitchers prepare for the 1st inning.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

just stop with the "pitch selection" excuse for Lopez.  He's a mediocre at best 5th starter who hasn't developed a lick since he came over.  He's the same fucking guy he was in Washington plus a more furrowed brow.  Maybe the light goes on next year but he's looking like a 5th/6th starter and bullpen guy long term.

Well that about sums it up...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's not the same guy that he was the first half and if you think he's the same guy I want some of what you're smoking. 

You're not wrong about the secondary pitches for him. It's about staying on top of his breaking balls and changeup. All of them are decent pitches, but he was incredibly inconsistent with them within starts and from start to start. His secondary pitches have been much more consistent in the second half. It isn't even close. It's like night and day.