9/11 | Royals @ White Sox | Sparkman vs López | 7:10pm

Tnetennba

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Kid is going to hit 30 bombs this year and he's missed alot of time on the IL. 2020 Eloy will be incredible to watch.

Kind of crazy that his OPS is at ~780 and he's going to hit 30 homers despite the time he has missed yet & people here say his rookie year was disappointing. I think it's better really good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Kind of crazy that his OPS is at ~780 and he's going to hit 30 homers despite the time he has missed yet & people here say his rookie year was disappointing. I think it's better really good.

People were expecting him to hit .270+ and he's hit .250. They were expecting more walks, not an OBP hovering around .300. That's where the disappointment comes from. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Nice play by Moncada.  In general our infield play is very good.  Timmy makes some dumb plays but he seems to be working on that lately.

overall team defense this year has just been bad to mediocre instead of horrendous.  Baby steps.  It helps having Moncada and Yolmer in the lineup every day as both are plus defenders at their positions.

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

People were expecting him to hit .270+ and he's hit .250. They were expecting more walks, not an OBP hovering around .300. That's where the disappointment comes from. 

Yeah see I don't really give a shit if his average is .240 and his OBP is at .290 (which it won't be) if he's hitting 45 bombs a year and driving in 120

Edited by soxfan49

30 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

just stop with the "pitch selection" excuse for Lopez.  He's a mediocre at best 5th starter who hasn't developed a lick since he came over.  He's the same fucking guy he was in Washington plus a more furrowed brow.  Maybe the light goes on next year but he's looking like a 5th/6th starter and bullpen guy long term.

In 2 of his last 3 starts, he has given up 1 hit in 14 innings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I just don’t see Collins being a productive MLB hitter.  Seems to have slider-speed bat.  His swing at pitches above the belt is ugly 

100% with you. I was hopeful with his improvement in AAA, but his bat is still too slow. Saying not a productive MLB hitter is probably giving him too much credit. We all complain about Engel but Collins has no chance.