9/11 | Royals @ White Sox | Sparkman vs López | 7:10pm

Tnetennba

Well thank goodness we can finally agree that Collins is not a major leaguer.  15 at bats in September after 25 earlier in the year.  Sure he crushed AAA pitching this year, and he's only 24, at a very difficult position and sure he's put up a .350 OBP in those 15 at bats...but done.     Lopez also done...as were Giolitto and Moncado last year.   Life is much easier when we can make sweeping conclusions instantly.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ok. I was hopeful Collins had turned a corner but he still sucks. You can't hit in MLB if a pitcher can pump in 93-95 mph fastballs and you can't catch up. 

On a different note, that's the most Adam Engel hit ever. 

I've seen him turn around 99 in AAA. His bat speed is fine. I think he believed he was getting something off speed in that at bat. He'll learn.

23 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

ELOY!!!  Fucking stud.

He is one reason  ( the other is Robert) we need to concentrate on the pitching in the off season. Imagine his numbers once he starts hitting above .250 taking more walks. If he improves along the lines of Moncada then we are looking at him coming close to duplicating his AAA numbers . Dickerson. Gennett. Moustakas all lefties . all one or 2 year deals all with a chance to be productive and inexpensive. Improves the bench, provides depth for injuries, or non performance and possibly huge upgrade if Gennett can bounce back.

• Like 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

I've seen him turn around 99 in AAA. His bat speed is fine. I think he believed he was getting something off speed in that at bat. He'll learn.

Don’t you think a problem could be that he is so selective, he only gets the chance to swing 1-2 times per at bat?  His bat to ball skills aren’t great, so it makes him prone to the strikeout.

4 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Well thank goodness we can finally agree that Collins is not a major leaguer.  15 at bats in September after 25 earlier in the year.  Sure he crushed AAA pitching this year, and he's only 24, at a very difficult position and sure he's put up a .350 OBP in those 15 at bats...but done.     Lopez also done...as were Giolitto and Moncado last year.   Life is much easier when we can make sweeping conclusions instantly.  

I like this post but eh Gamethread not worth it unless you have seen game thread comments mirror their non gamethread opinions.

Just now, fathom said:

Don’t you think a problem could be that he is so selective, he only gets the chance to swing 1-2 times per at bat?  His bat to ball skills aren’t great, so it makes him prone to the strikeout.

I still believe he still looks for the walk moreso. Very similar to Moncada last season. The difference is I don't think Collins will change as dramatically as Moncada did on being aggressive. He's been aggressive now than he had in his first stint, but he is still a guy that is going to work the count. 

Collins will never be a guy who hits for high average. Hell in his limited PAs now that he's been up, he's hitting .150. But he has a .346 OBP. That is where his value will always be.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I like this post but eh Gamethread not worth it unless you have seen game thread comments mirror their non gamethread opinions.

That's fair...heat of the moment thoughts are different than reasoned opinions.  But Collins hate on this board is crazy.  I think young players learn and an elite batting eye has enormous value