Sign in to follow this  
SouthWallace

9/11 | Royals @ White Sox | Sparkman vs López | 7:10pm

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

That’s being extremely kind

I've always wondered why he didnt try a splitter but maybe he has small hands. His mechanical like arm action would be made for it, and he comes right over the top which helps it bite.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I've always wondered why he didnt try a splitter but maybe he has small hands. His mechanical like arm action would be made for it, and he comes right over the top which helps it bite.

He should try warming up with a softball like Contreras did. Spoiler alert: it helps.

Edited by soxfan2014

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm with you Ray Ray. 

7 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

A quick google search would tell you that Bubba isn't his real name

Thanks for taking the bait.

4 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

He should try warming up with a softball like Contreras did. Spoiler alert: it helps.

Contreras had very big hands though.

Zack knows the strike zone better than umpires.  I don’t see how he can not be a good hitter unless he can’t catch up with a fastball like Josh Fields.

5 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

If you dont have hands big enough it doesnt matter. Contreras' hands were so big he could split a softball. If you have small hands you just can't throw a splitter with any consistency.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Zack knows the strike zone better than umpires.  I don’t see how he can not be a good hitter unless he can’t catch up with a fastball like Josh Fields.

Yeah, he just needs to learn how hes being attacked in the big leagues and work with that. Think he'll be fine.

22 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

A front office with a clue would have already cut his ass loose to let Collins and possible Yermin get some playing time.  What is the benefit to playing Castillo to his contract conclusion?  So you don’t look like you are admitting you made a bad signing?  We already know it was a crap signing.  Stop trying to save face, Rick...

My point exactly . He is here ( which he shouldn't be and getting AB's (which he shouldn't be ) so doesn't make sense to comment on his framing skills at this juncture.

Need to put some pressure on Sparkman this inning. His last 2 innings have been too easy and it will be the third time through the order after Engel bats.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Need to put some pressure on Sparkman this inning. His last 2 innings have been too easy and it will be the third time through the order after Sanchez bats.

He’s just blowing away guys with the high fastball 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s just blowing away guys with the high fastball 

He's also working pretty fast it seems . Our guys need to step out more and disrupt his rhythm.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

This game is like watching a rerun of a spring training game.  Boring!

Yeah this game is soooo boring.