Game Thread - 09/12/19 - Royals @ Sox - Gio Day

BackDoorBreach

1 minute ago, Colinski said:

I genuinely was irrationally furious about Moncada squaring to bunt ! 

Never been on the Ricky out train fully until now. 

I'm like 99% sure Ricky did not tell Yoan Moncada to bunt but I cant with 100% certainty because there is a 1% possibility ricky is that dumb.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm like 99% sure Ricky did not tell Yoan Moncada to bunt but I cant with 100% certainty because there is a 1% possibility ricky is that dumb.

I'd buy that if he only squared around once. The fact that he squared around 3 times in that bat (and fouled off a pitch bunting) tells me you are wrong in that assessment. 

Moncada never bunted in the minors FYI. 

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1

Anyone who has watched a game this year knows that Ricky told him to bunt and is indeed that dumb 

I'm curious what makes you say that?

Moncada was asking for a broken finger with how bad his bunting form was, so it seems unlikely that he is comfortable enough with the bunt to just throw one out on his own (especially with how hot he is). 

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

I'd buy that if he only squared around once. The fact that he squared around 3 times in that bat (and fouled off a pitch bunting) tells me you are wrong in that assessment. 

Moncada never bunted in the minors FYI. 

Ahhh, not watching so did not know that. I would change that assessment then and I would fire Ricky tonight.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

That's a shame. Giolito pitched well. Box score won't say it though. 

I mean it shows up... he had a good WHIP and great K/BB. That shows up in the box score. No biggie.  He was dominant but fell the victim of hit sequencing and a blast. Not anything to fret about.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run