Game Thread - 09/12/19 - Royals @ Sox - Gio Day

BackDoorBreach

3 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I'm curious what makes you say that?

Moncada was asking for a broken finger with how bad his bunting form was, so it seems unlikely that he is comfortable enough with the bunt to just throw one out on his own (especially with how hot he is). 

Wasn't watching, figured he squared once for a hit but that doesnt sound like the case.

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Can't give up the multi run jacks.  Great start other than that. 

Cant really decide when you give up homers so all you can do is limit base runners in general and hope you dont get screwed by sequencing. His WHIP is 1 and he gave up a 3 run homer, bad break.

I really hope someone asks Ricky why the fuck he's bunting with the teams best hitter. 

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

Sox are doing a lot of historically bad things this season at DH and RF

This is one of the reasons I am cautiously optimistic for next year - the amount of negative WAR players on the team this year is astounding. Replacing them with even 1-2 WAR players (and therefore replacing the bench pieces with better players as well) could easily be a 6-10 WAR boost.  

19 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

This is one of the reasons I am cautiously optimistic for next year - the amount of negative WAR players on the team this year is astounding. Replacing them with even 1-2 WAR players (and therefore replacing the bench pieces with better players as well) could easily be a 6-10 WAR boost.  

It's one of the reasons I am not optimistic about next year.  Even with the Moncada and TA breakouts, they are near the bottom of the league in OBP and slugging, and need a lot of pitching. Hard to turn all that around in one year. I know Kopech will be back, but how many guys hit the ground running immediately after TJS? Plus, it wasn't like he had things figured out when he went down. 

Edited by Dick Allen

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Tim has GOT to stop being so lackadaisical in the field. Its the reason he has so many errors and there almost getting stupidly tagged out trotting back to 3rd while watching the ball thrown back in

Its his Damn cockiness. 

• Like 1