Game Thread - 09/12/19 - Royals @ Sox - Gio Day

BackDoorBreach

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We should be looking to trade for him this offseason.

Yes, if we want to top out at 80 wins.Ā  That's the nonsense Hahn did from 2014-16:Ā  trading prospects for good/not-great players when the team is still losingĀ 90 games.

But I think it's reasonable that Boston will be pushing him.Ā  And this FO repeatedly falls for the player that the other teams are pushing.

Edited by GreenSox

5 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Yes, if we want to top out at 80 wins.Ā  That's the nonsense Hahn did from 2014-16:Ā  trading prospects for good/not-great players when the team is still losingĀ 90 games.

But I think it's reasonable that Boston will be pushing him.Ā  And this FO repeatedly falls for the player that the other teams are pusing.

He's put up almost 9 bWAR in 4 seasons and is still young enough to where a breakout is possible.Ā  He's lefty and can play RF a position of obvious need.Ā  The comparison would be Adam Eaton if you want to somehow link it to previous Hahn moves.Ā Ā 

Edited by chitownsportsfan

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Sadly i think Sanchez keeps the job through all of next year.Ā  The White Sox more than any other team in sports will stick with a lesser player because the chemistry he brings to theĀ team/clubhouse is unparalleled in sport.

Ricky can't go quick enough but I am sure he will be on the field in the Chevy drive up next spring.

He might keep a job but not the job.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's played himself out of anything other than a super sub role. His 2nd half has been a bummer.

To be fair, I think we all knew he would be exposed if he played too much. Heā€™s a utility player, nothing more/less. Ā I still predict heā€™s gone this offseason.

23 minutes ago, poppysox said:

We are about to embark on probably the best decade in Sox history. Ā šŸ˜

Perhaps, but let's see what happens during this off season. I am somewhat optimistic about the future, but I'd like to see the team go over the .500 mark before going too ga-ga.

3 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Perhaps, but let's see what happens during this off season. I am somewhat optimistic about the future, but I'd like to see the team go over the .500 mark before going too ga-ga.

Jerry knows that at age 83 the future is now.

3 hours ago, bubba phillips said:

So we lose the season series 9 games to 10 to a putrid Kansas City team.Ā  Yet we win the season series 4-3 against 2 potential World Series teams--Houston and the Yankees.

I guess teams just play down to their level of competition.Ā  Just ask the Astros and Yankees.

That's the Sox MO.Ā  It's happened before when they are in the post season hunt. Charlotte choked on playing the last place team in their division .Ā  It's an organization thing.Ā 

Edited by kitekrazy