GT - (9/13) White Sox at Mariners, 9:10 pm, WGN

SoxAce

So what do you guys think?  I am now all aboard the Grandal train.  $60 to $75 million?  Who cares?  He will earn his money more than a $150+ million dollar starter.  Who can we get at DH or RF that will do this?  Grandal and McCann would be an amazing catching duo and would allow Collins to get a game a week at catcher, as well as allow Collins / Grandal / Abreu / McCann to alternate at DH.

732-E0-F68-0-D2-F-49-C6-9664-9-F29888576

Edited by Moan4Yoan

16 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Sign Grandal and a RF.  I’m pretty sure the Sox already know Collins is a primary DH/1B and part-time catcher at best.  This explains why and how they have used him.

Save money on DH by cycling guys through the spot and acquire a good RF.  Also, they will then have 2.5 catchers with Grandal, McCann, and Collins.

I am liking this idea.  Cuz god knows, Hahn will likely sign a bust of a DH if he tries to acquire one.  He passed on Nelson Cruz and acquired Alonso.

Good god man, he acquired Alonso because he’s Machado’s brother-in-law, not because he thought he’d be better than Cruz.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Good god man, he acquired Alonso because he’s Machado’s brother-in-law, not because he thought he’d be better than Cruz.

If you recall the rumors from last offseason, the Sox were interested in Cruz as well.  Hahn chose poorly twice then — thinking Alonso would help in an acquisition of Machado AND passing on Cruz.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/patrick-corbin-ja-happ-nelson-cruz-reports-link-white-sox-more-free-agents

I’n not quite sure how your post forms any sort of defense for Hahn’s offseason decisions.  😯

Edited by Moan4Yoan

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

So what do you guys think?  I am now all aboard the Grandal train.  Who can we get at DH or RF that will do this?

732-E0-F68-0-D2-F-49-C6-9664-9-F29888576

Joc Pederson will probably fit the bill better than anyone else.  He and Grandal would greatly improve the offense.  I like Calhoun better than most here especially if money saved on RF is turned into an upgraded starter.  Without knowing what Jerry is willing to spend...I have a tendency to be to cheap to buy the Ozuna model.   Assuming RH has a budget...pitching has to get the majority of attention.  Even modest upgrades at RF & DH is tons of improvement over 2019.

7 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Joc Pederson will probably fit the bill better than anyone else.  He and Grandal would greatly improve the offense.  I like Calhoun better than most here especially if money saved on RF is turned into an upgraded starter.  Without knowing what Jerry is willing to spend...I have a tendency to be to cheap to buy the Ozuna model.   Assuming RH has a budget...pitching has to get the majority of attention.  Even modest upgrades at RF & DH is tons of improvement over 2019.

I totally agree with you on Joc but he will cost assets and we will only have him for one year before he hits free agency.  Which is okay, as long as the price for him isn’t high.

I disagree with you on Calhoun and think he would be a disaster of a signing.  Look at his numbers over the years and try to find when he last put up an .800+ OPS.  If a corner outfielder can’t put up an .800+ OPS or play studly defense, stay the hell away from him.  And Calhoun isn’t a cheap version of Ozuna.  He’s just a mediocre throwaway corner outfielder.  There’s a reason the Angels won’t even attempt to re-sign him.  Well, the fact that he’s not very good and that they have Jo Adell.

Edited by Moan4Yoan