GT - (9/14) White Sox at Mariners, 8:10 pm, NBCSCH

SoxAce

Just now, GradMc said:

Amazing how much this organization gets beat by its ex-players.

To be fair, when you have as 7 straight losing seasons, a lot of non ex-players have beat the Sox also. It has always been interesting how the Sox do seem to just completely ignore the scouting report that other teams used against those players when they were on the Sox.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

To be fair, when you have as 7 straight losing seasons, a lot of non ex-players have beat the Sox also. It has always been interesting how the Sox do seem to just completely ignore the scouting report that other teams used against those players when they were on the Sox.

All of what you say is true.

But it's still amazing to me given most of them were pretty mediocre in Sox uniforms.

And I guess that should be expected given they haven't participated in post-season play since 2008  

This latest "rebuild" is 11 years old whether anyone in that organization wants to admit it or not.

Reinsdorf's Cash Cow Bulls have been rebuilding since Jordan left 20 friggin years ago.

Edited by GradMc

41 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Daniel Palka has 57 AB's this year and has been worth negative 1.5 bWAR before this game.

He's 2 for 61 which has to be the worst stretch for any non pitcher in baseball history. I mean nobody has gone 0 for 61 to start a season, that's for sure. 1 for 61? I doubt it. I wonder if any other team will give him a chance next year. I remember last year the guy hit 27 bombs.

Edited by greg775

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

He's 2 for 61 which has to be the worst stretch for any non pitcher in baseball history. I mean nobody has gone 0 for 61 to start a season, that's for sure. 1 for 61? I doubt it. I wonder if any other team will give him a chance next year. I remember last year the guy hit 27 bombs.

At this point I'm sure it has become mental.

SEATTLE -- A White Sox team pondering its rotation for 2020 and beyond received some clarity Saturday night after Dylan Cease’s encouraging start at T-Mobile Park, though their one-for-one trade last Nov. 30 was at the center of the outcome.

Mariners catcher Omar Narvaez lifted a walk-off homer off White Sox reliever Alex Colomé (the player Narvaez was traded for in November) in the 10th inning on a play that ended in confusion.

The ball off Narvaez’s bat appeared to bounce off the exterior of the fence and back into play, but officials ruled that it was a homer, and the White Sox opted not to challenge if the ball cleared the wall, or if Narvaez touched home plate as he was mobbed by Seattle teammates.