9/15- Sox at Mariners, 3:10

flavum

• bmags pinned this topic
1 hour ago, fathom said:

It’s ridiculous Mendick isn’t playing 

Kind of makes you believe they already have their minds made up. Same thing with not calling up Yermin. Seems that they have determined that he is a non-prospect and isn't even worthy of ABs in meaningless September games.

1 hour ago, skooch said:

Kind of makes you believe they already have their minds made up. Same thing with not calling up Yermin. Seems that they have determined that he is a non-prospect and isn't even worthy of ABs in meaningless September games.

Also continues to make me think Yolmer is going nowhere 

11 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Because you seem to be making the assumption that our front office is the best evaluator of talent.  They aren’t.

Exhibit A:  Tatis Jr.

And you seem to be making the assumptiom that I am making that assumption. Literally just asked what the point was of calling him up if they aren't going to play him.

Not sure why you need to be a dick about it

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Cy Sheffield through 3,

The approach is baffling. Taking fastballs for strikes and swinging at every offspeed pitch out of the zone.  It's one of those games that really makes you wonder what the hell the game plan is going into the game.

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGee said:

So why call him up then?

Call up who? Mendick? I don't know. Perhaps they are rewarding him for a good minor league season. Perhaps they are trying to give the die-hards something to talk about. In any case their actions speak volumes about how they really feel about him.

I'd ask you the same question ... If they're not going to play him, why did they bother to call him up?

5 minutes ago, skooch said:

Call up who? Mendick? I don't know. Perhaps they are rewarding him for a good minor league season. Perhaps they are trying to give the die-hards something to talk about. In any case their actions speak volumes about how they really feel about him.

I'd ask you the same question ... If they're not going to play him, why did they bother to call him up?

Idk. Seems kinda dumb to me if he's not gonna get any playing time. Its not like they need to fill the roster spot, like they'll have to next year.