Gio out for remainder of 2019

BackDoorBreach

15 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I don’t. It’s just sad that Sox fans have been conditioned to expect the worst case scenario of everything.

When Luis Robert had to poop during a game, White Sox twitter was convinced he had a broken spine.

• Haha 1

Good move by the Sox. I’ve ever seen someone make a turn around like Giolito did this year in any sport. I hope the Sox really explore locking him up long term  

And yeah, I’d shut down Cease as well. He’s around 125+ IP for the year.  He had 124 IP last year. 

If they want Cease to go 175+ next year...not sure how it would kill him to pitch in the 130-140 range.

Seems to be a natural progression.  Obviously, more high stress innings this year at the major league level, I don't have the number of 20+ pitch innings right in front of me.  

If that's elevated, then they might go ahead and shut him down...want him to have that positive feeling going into the offseason.

1 hour ago, Joshua Strong said:

Good move by the Sox. I’ve ever seen someone make a turn around like Giolito did this year in any sport. I hope the Sox really explore locking him up long term  

And yeah, I’d shut down Cease as well. He’s around 125+ IP for the year.  He had 124 IP last year. 

There is no reason to shut him down.  He has 2 or 3 starts left.

8 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I'm just glad it's nothing serious.  This is like a 10 day DL thing during the season.  

Especially since they are not playing for anything. Maybe in a pennant race he would have come back for a start but no reason now. If anything lose a few more games so you get that 6 or 7 pick.

Not saying they should intentionally lose, you just not risk a worse injury to a core player just to win 2 more games.

9 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

There is no reason to shut him down.  He has 2 or 3 starts left.

There is every reason to shut him down. He would miss at least one start probably 2 for the muscle to heal. That leaves possibly one start left. Why bother?

10 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

So when is he supposed to progress and throw more innings?

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Because he's pitched a lot of stressful innings +tank

He pitched 124 innings last year. 125 this year. They want to build up the innings so he will finish the year in the rotation and hopefully get near 150.

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Because he's pitched a lot of stressful innings +tank

So when is he going to grow his IP? Throw him 125 back to back years and then next year hes supposed to throw 180-200? Makes no sense. He needs another 20 innings+ this year to put him in position to throw 180-200 next year.

• Like 1