Game Thread 09/20/19 - Sox @ DET

BackDoorBreach

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Does it have to do with Sanchez and Abreu's uniform numbers? Otherwise please explain it went right over my head. 

No in the other thread after I said Cease had his ERA under 6 he promptly gave up a run and it was back over 6 and he blamed me for jinxing him. So now I said it again but I can't jinx him this time because he's done pitching for the night.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

No in the other thread after I said Cease had his ERA under 6 he promptly gave up a run and it was bakj over and he blamed me for jinxing him. So now I said it again but I can't jinx him this time because he's done pitching for the night.

Ok. Makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Does it have to do with Sanchez and Abreu's uniform numbers? Otherwise please explain it went right over my head. 

He jinxed Cease earlier saying his ERA was lower than 6. Then he proceeded to give up a run which brought his ERA back up to 6+. Now he lowered it again after his outing.

Just now, poppysox said:

Maybe we are just now becoming very good.🙂

You are Mr. Optimist. I'm right there with you, but I have to see what they do this winter before I get too excited. December can't come soon enough, and then after that Spring Training. Luckily I have the Blackhawks to hold me over as they're also quietly building another juggernaut. It might take a few more seasons but I'm really excited about their future as well. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You are Mr. Optimist. I'm right there with you, but I have to see what they do this winter before I get too excited. December can't come soon enough, and then after that Spring Training. Luckily I have the Blackhawks to hold me over as they're also quietly building another juggernaut. It might take a few more seasons but I'm really excited about their future as well. 

Don't forget da Bears.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I've already given up on them. I'd have to see a lot from No. 10 the rest of the season to convince me otherwise. I've written them off as having the ceiling of the 2008-09 team. 7 wins at worst, 9 at best. It feels like they have Orton at QB again. 

You could use a little more patience.  Instant gratification doesn't work well for the Chicago Sports fan.