9/22/2019 White Sox v. Tigers

9 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And people thought I was nuts for suggesting a Lopez for Musgrove swap...Musgrove isn’t great but he’s more reliable than Lopez at this point in their careers and if they plan to compete next year they need more reliable arms.

Why would Pittsburgh do that though?

I'm under the impression that Giolito, Kopech, Cease and Lopez will be in the White Sox starting rotation in 2020. I'm hoping they're having second thoughts about Lopez. I realize that the White Sox minor league system isn't loaded with pitching but I'm hoping that they acquire somebody who can take the place of Lopez. If anything put Lopez in the bullpen pitching long relief.

12 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I'm under the impression that Giolito, Kopech, Cease and Lopez will be in the White Sox starting rotation in 2020. I'm hoping they're having second thoughts about Lopez. I realize that the White Sox minor league system isn't loaded with pitching but I'm hoping that they acquire somebody who can take the place of Lopez. If anything put Lopez in the bullpen pitching long relief.

He is only 25. He had a decent year last year and a lousy year this year.  I do think it makes sense they head into ST w him having to compete for the 4-5 spot depending on status of Kopech and Rodon plus who they add off-season.