9/25- Sox vs Indians, 7:10

flavum

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

Not watching, but the Twins clinch if the Sox win. That’s a lot of waiting around in the clubhouse.

The AL could have a 95 win team staying home. All AL division winners could have 100 wins.

Edited by kitekrazy

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

The AL could have a 95 win team staying home. All AL division winners could have 100 wins.

Rather than a bunch of great teams, I think it speaks to a lot of previous middling teams doing the full scale rebuild.

I'm pretty much watching to see if Timmy can close on this batting title. Counting what they've both done today, I think he's gonna do it. Assume Lemahieu gets 13 more ABs (1x more today and 4x for each of NYY's remaining 3 games) and Tim gets 22x more (2x today and 4x for our remaining 5 games). 

Lemahieu will need to go 10-for-13 to get his final BA to .338, and Tim would have to go 8-for-22 to sit at .339. If DJ only gets 5 hits, Tim needs just 4. And 4 will keep him above Yelich in the NL as well.

Yeah, this, Yoan, and Eloy are pretty much the only Sox things I care about right now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I'm pretty much watching to see if Timmy can close on this batting title. Counting what they've both done today, I think he's gonna do it. Assume Lemahieu gets 13 more ABs (1x more today and 4x for each of NYY's remaining 3 games) and Tim gets 22x more (2x today and 4x for our remaining 5 games). 

Lemahieu will need to go 10-for-13 to get his final BA to .338, and Tim would have to go 8-for-22 to sit at .339. If DJ only gets 5 hits, Tim needs just 4. And 4 will keep him above Yelich in the NL as well.

Yeah, this, Yoan, and Eloy are pretty much the only Sox things I care about right now.

Cease starts tomorrow, so that is a reason to watch. 

8 minutes ago, The Sir said:

OK, I'm gonna stop nerding out, but a repetition of the best three game sets from Lemahieu and Marte for this entire season and the best four game set from Rendon will not beat an 8-for-22 effort from Tim. Just sayin'.

Keep 'em coming. I was wondering this stuff myself

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Tim has the batting title all but wrapped up.

Would he still qualify if he sat the remaining games?

I looked it up 3.1 PA per scheduled game or 502.  He is beyond that now.  Would you rest a day before end of season so no stigma of not playing last game?

18 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Keep 'em coming. I was wondering this stuff myself

Then I present to you a self-calculating and hopefully self-explanatory table! The numbers currently in there for Lemahieu, Marte, and Rendon are their season bests for the number of games remaining for each of them. It is up to date to reflect today's action (where neither Rendon nor Marte played) and Tim's 4-for-4 day.

Edit- minor error in table

BA Title.xlsx

Edited by The Sir