9/26- Sox vs Indians, 7:10

flavum

7 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I'd be way happier if the Sox would have been able to effectively end the Twins season, but I'll take it.

That's going to end quickly in the playoffs. No worries. Twins haven't won a playoff game since 2004, and their last 13 have been losses. That ties them for the longest playoff losing streak of all time, and I think the Yankees will put them in first place, alone.

I'm very happy to be putting the nails in Cleveland's coffin.

48 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I'd be shocked if Ricky did that.

Ricky doesn’t get the choice if Grandal is signed and he could still make it work.  Two really good catchers (Grandal / McCann), Abreu primarily at 1B, and Collins at primarily DH.  Use DH as the “rest” day for each of the four players.  If one of the catchers DH’s, Collins can catch.  If Abreu DH’s, Collins or Grandal can play 1B with McCann at catcher.  Tons of lineup flexibility with 3 catchers on the roster and with both Collins and Grandal having 1B experience.

Acquire a RF and our lineup is done.  Spend 3/4 years and $60-$70 million on Grandal and I’d be fine going cheaper in RF for a 1-2 year stop-gap (Mazara, Dickerson, etc.) to save the rest of their money on pitching.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

58 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Ricky doesn’t get the choice if Grandal is signed and he could still make it work.  Two really good catchers (Grandal / McCann), Abreu primarily at 1B, and Collins at primarily DH.  Use DH as the “rest” day for each of the four players.  If one of the catchers DH’s, Collins can catch.  If Abreu DH’s, Collins or Grandal can play 1B with McCann at catcher.  Tons of lineup flexibility with 3 catchers on the roster and with both Collins and Grandal having 1B experience.

Acquire a RF and our lineup is done.  Spend 3/4 years and $60-$70 million on Grandal and I’d be fine going cheaper in RF for a 1-2 year stop-gap (Mazara, Dickerson, etc.) to save the rest of their money on pitching.

I’d like a great glove man for right field. Is Sam Fuld still around? Lol

32 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

As much as Mendick has been dicked around by Ricky, he still gets hits when he's in.

Hahn needs to override Ricky by letting Yolmer go.  Mendick is capable enough to replace Yolmer, which would allow us to sign a reliever for $5 million.  And Yolbert is probably coming soon anyways.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Hahn needs to override Ricky by letting Yolmer go.  Mendick is capable enough to replace Yolmer, which would allow us to sign a reliever for $5 million.  And Yolbert is probably coming soon anyways.

Yolbert barely hit in the DSL, we should be basing no decisions around him.

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yolbert barely hit in the DSL, we should be basing no decisions around him.

He actually finished strong in the DSL.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=691503#/career/R/hitting/2019/ALL

Not that I care much.  He’s a backup infielder.  As long as he’s cheap, I’m happy.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He actually finished strong in the DSL.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=691503#/career/R/hitting/2019/ALL

Not that I care much.  He’s a backup infielder.  As long as he’s cheap, I’m happy.

Your “finished strong” is a hot five games.  Get rid of Yolmer because he’s going to be overpriced and/or replaceable by Mendick, not because of a 22 year old who put up very ordinary numbers in the DSL.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Your “finished strong” is a hot five games.  Get rid of Yolmer because he’s going to be overpriced and/or replaceable by Mendick, not because of a 22 year old who put up very ordinary numbers in the DSL.

Sure, whatever.  Agreed.  Worrying about a middle infielder years in advance is pointless anyways.  We agree that Mendick can replace Yolmer sufficiently.  Save the money for a reliever.