40 Man Rosterbation

BamaDoc

13 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Mercedes needs to be protected.  This guy raked across 2 levels, including in dreaded Birmingham.  There' no reason not to to see what you have, especially with all of the players that have done nothing (like Madeiros) as the alternatives.

I agree especially with a 26 man roster.  Collins is not a absolute guarantee.  Yermin could get a try as a bat.  Grandal being a switch hitter would allow some mixing and matching.  If no Grandal, I would be scared but could you go with Collins and Mercedes being primary DH's (Collins struggles vs LHP) and Collins as your #2 catcher, Yermin emergency catcher?

• 4 weeks later...

I could see Fulmer in a change of scenery trade ala Thornton years ago.  A worse team may be willing to give him more time.  I am trying to think if getting him thru waivers would be easier now than at end of spring.  He has talent and pedigree so I expect someone would take a chance so maybe he has some value.