Will anyone fall on the sword for another awful year?

Buehrle>Wood

Will anyone fall on the sword for another awful year?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will anyone fall on the sword for another awful year?

• Yes
    • No

Was this really an awful year?  Moncada, Timmy, & Giolito will combine for ~15 WAR.  Eloy showed signed of becoming a dominant hitter.  Bummer established himself a legit, left-handed setup man.  Cease got 70+ major league innings.  McCann looks like he can part of the catching mix going forward.

Honestly, outside of all the injuries and Lopez regressing, there isn’t much to be that disappointed about this year.  Who really cares if our record sucked because of a bunch of guys who won’t be back next year?  The young core more or less took the necessary steps forward and that’s all that matters.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Was this really an awful year?  Moncada, Timmy, & Giolito will combine for ~15 WAR.  Eloy showed signed of becoming a dominant hitter.  Bummer established himself a legit, left-handed setup man.  Cease got 70+ major league innings.  McCann looks like he can part of the catching mix going forward.

Honestly, outside of all the injuries and Lopez regressing, there isn’t much to be that disappointed about this year.  Who really cares if our record sucked because of a bunch of guys who won’t be back next year?  The young core more or less took the necessary steps forward and that’s all that matters.

This. Why would somebody fall on the sword for a shitty record in a rebuilding year when many core pieces played well?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

No one will fall on sword. Team is winking its way to the bank. Making zillions of dollars. Crowds are still decent. The money is flowing. Jerry already got his one WS title which was magical. Sure he'd love for another, but my feeling is with all the Bulls titles and his one baseball title ... accumulation of $$$ is most important to him right now as he takes care of many generations of family before he moves on.

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

No one will fall on sword. Team is winking its way to the bank. Making zillions of dollars. Crowds are still decent. The money is flowing. Jerry already got his one WS title which was magical. Sure he'd love for another, but my feeling is with all the Bulls titles and his one baseball title ... accumulation of $$$ is most important to him right now as he takes care of many generations of family before he moves on.

0962CD8A-BE6C-466F-AD2F-A446E900E573.jpeg

It hasn't been an awful year considering what the expectations were.  There were some injuries, Lopez regressed, and the Jon Jay/Alonso experiment failed miserably.  The Alonso fiasco was dealt with surprisingly quickly, and Jay was a non-factor.  There were, however, quite a few individual bright spots: Moncada, Anderson, Abreu, McCann, Giolito, Eloy, Bummer.  Cease got some much needed MLB experience and has shown growth.

I don't care much about the record when the pieces for the future are shining.  Next year, however, I'll be expecting a much better team.

10 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah this. They had an awful offseason 2018-2019 but the 2019 year went pretty well all things considered. They weren't trying to win.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nice post.

Though I still would love to see the Sox replace Ricky.  Mainly because I just hate his in game managing decisions and lineup construction. But I know he'll be back.  

• Love 1

On 9/27/2019 at 9:41 AM, ChiSox59 said:

Nice post.

Though I still would love to see the Sox replace Ricky.  Mainly because I just hate his in game managing decisions and lineup construction. But I know he'll be back.  

Oh I fully agree, but Ricky should be fired for the reasons you stated, not because a bunch of shitty players sucked.